which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

With Hughes position under great threat I think we could possibility nip in and get RSC. He is looking for a move and I think Man City would be his destination if Hughes can remain in the hot seat until the start of Jan.

I'm still hoping for Owen but I'm still keeping tabs on other potential signing :lol:

Wheres the Carlton Cole option?

I'd rather have Kevin Davies than Heskey to be honest

Davies has impressed me especially this season!

Doubt he'd leave Bolton though

Totally with you on that one. Plays the Carew role better than Carew. Links up well with other players and there can't be many better in the air. I would have thought MON would like him too. A fit Carew and Davies battling for a spot would be nice.

I thought i'd get laughed at for saying that, but he's always impressed me. Granted he doesn't score that many but neither does Heskey and for what they both do i'd much rather have Davies. Obviously he wouldn't be my first choice, i'd just rather him than Heskey or Crouch

Just dont look at Davies' goal stats... they arent good at all! He'd make an excellent 4th choice striker... but he wouldnt leave to sit on our bench imo

I rather suspect he may end up having a 2nd spell at home club Blackburn as RSC's replacement.

I love you Heskey :-) what a Guy he is Eh ? :-)

Wigan striker Heskey will snub Aston Villa offer

22.12.08 | tribalfootball.com

Wigan Athletic striker Emile Heskey is ready to snub a move to Aston Villa in January.

Heskey wants to see out the season at Wigan - and will snub a move to Villa.

He has told pals that he intends to stay at the JJB and wait for the chance to be the best Bosman around next summer.

Heskey knows he can command a wage of around £4m a year if he stands by his decision. Villa could not afford that salary and a fee to Wigan, says the People.

Latics insiders reveal that chairman Dave Whelan would take around £3m to £4m for Heskey, but the big hit-man is happy to say no to his side of the deal

http://tinyurl.com/6t44ky just hope it's true, or else my love will die soon :-)

• 5 weeks later...
Just thought I'd post this !!!!

Well out of 318cof us who voted - about 295 of us DIDN'T WANT HESKEY

So stop being bloody hypocrites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make a rubbish point to be fair. I'd have been happy with any from that list.

I voted RSC but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have been happy with Owen or Defoe.

Just thought I'd post this !!!!

Well out of 318cof us who voted - about 295 of us DIDN'T WANT HESKEY

So stop being bloody hypocrites !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually it shows 295 preferred some one else to Heskey, that doesn't mean he wasn't wanted... but hey if it makes you feel good so you carry on ranting then fill your boots

Is Owen unavailable though?

Both have been quoted as saying they would wait until Summer etc etc, yet here we are waiting for MON to pm us to say Heskey is a done deal.

While you're at it Mr O'Neill, top the double act off with the little scouse kids signature and lets crack on please...

It shows that 4 weeks ago, before we were linked with him that 93% of Villatalk users believed we needed a different type of player to Heskey - hence the predators like Owen, Defoe , Santa Cruz getting all the votes.

Suddenly, we are linked with Heskey and the same people are saying "we score enough goals, we need someone to rough teams up etc.."

Well I stick to what I said.

If Heskey comes as 4th choice, behind another newcomer and shipping out Harewood, then fine. But if he comes to play in the first team I will be gutted !!!

(oh and by the way, Darren Bent NOR Kenwyne Jones iare in that list, so it is fair to say, Heskey would have probably been below 3 percent if they were !!

well it i not impossible is it, is Owen really goig to want to stay there especially as Given will go ?

I've been thinking this lately

The barcodes are in free fall and are reported to havea training ground bust up. Owen must see that there is nothing there for him.

Hopefully he will think of moving this jan with Given moving on

It shows that 4 weeks ago, before we were linked with him that 93% of Villatalk users believed we needed a different type of player to Heskey - hence the predators like Owen, Defoe , Santa Cruz getting all the votes.

Suddenly, we are linked with Heskey and the same people are saying "we score enough goals, we need someone to rough teams up etc.."

Well I stick to what I said.

If Heskey comes as 4th choice, behind another newcomer and shipping out Harewood, then fine. But if he comes to play in the first team I will be gutted !!!

(oh and by the way, Darren Bent NOR Kenwyne Jones iare in that list, so it is fair to say, Heskey would have probably been below 3 percent if they were !!

As with most statistics you can read them how you want too. The only thing that stands out from the poll for me was that Owen was the overwhelming first choice, other than that it is very much of a muchness as to who people voted for.

Â