Running

trimandson

Is it ok to run with a sore achilles

It is a dull ache i mostly feel it after the run not during it the pain goes away a day later but comes back again after

I'm not going to snap my tendon am i or rupture it i'm also training for brum hm

I have slowed down alot and stopped running up hills i don't know what more i can do

i ice it regularly just feels a bit sore especially in the morning afterwards i really don't want to rest if i can help it i want to get a decent time and be as sharp as i can

Everything you read says to stop and rest. That's never worked for me. It just makes it come back worse when I start again.

I've found it's best to just keep on running through it but take it easy. Make sure you're very floppy and relaxed when jogging, don't slam your feet down hard. I haven't had it now for about a year.

Just got back from a good run. I saw four wild boar, which was a first for me. I was curious and went in for a closer look, but there was a young one and the others started to act agitated, so I backed off and went on my way. I used to see deer, turkey, and the occasional coyote while running in the States, but never anything I thought might actually charge me.

Edited by JamieZ

Stratford 10k tomorrow morning. My pace over 5k was 6.50 / mile and I'm hoping I can keep that up over 10k tomorrow.

The next 6 weeks will be trying to keep that up over 13.1 miles.

Stratford 10k done in 43.28 although I think my chip time should be about 20 seconds below that.

Slightly above 6.50 a mile but it didn't feel too hard.

6 weeks to get to 6.50 over 13.

Near enough. I'm in Dudley at the moment (Up by the Buffery). Although I still use Haden Hill Leisure Centre and quite fancy going running around Haden Hill Park at some point.

Haden Hill Park is my favourite 'off road' route. Doesn't get boring as you can do a few variations and there are some quite punishing hills.

• 3 weeks later...

Argh! 3 weeks before Birmingham and I've started getting side stitch. Also my left knee pain comes and goes and I don't know which way to go with my gait whether to do what I've always done and force my feet straight which has never given me problems, or let my feet fall naturally. Or it may just be to do with the speeds I'm getting to (doing park runs at 6:30 / mile now).

Argh! 3 weeks before Birmingham and I've started getting side stitch. Also my left knee pain comes and goes and I don't know which way to go with my gait whether to do what I've always done and force my feet straight which has never given me problems, or let my feet fall naturally. Or it may just be to do with the speeds I'm getting to (doing park runs at 6:30 / mile now).

With your left knee, do you feel a pull above it or below it at any point?

Alot of the knee pain I get tends to be my hamstrings being overly tight - I end up having to stretch them 5 times a day to stop it.

I have a similar issue in that I have a half marathon coming up sunday but currently have issues with hamstrings and hip flexors - hoping a couple of sports massages, ice and no proper training (maybe a swim) will mean I go in fit. I have a more important (tri) race at the end of the month so will leave it if at all risky. Hoping to get near 1:30 but going to be hard I think, Ive recently ran a 19:03 5K but that hurt alot.

With your left knee, do you feel a pull above it or below it at any point?

Not that I can remember. I'll look out for it though.

Â