Running

trimandson

I think a lot of it is down to the individual, their running style and injury-prone-ness - and luck.

I trained for and ran my first marathon in a pair of thin-soled football trainers, but I wouldn't recommend it!

The comfort thing is probably right.

I usually run Monday, Wednesday and Friday; about 8k each time roads and pavements.

Always was under the impression when running on concrete you should have a days rest, is this true?

I weigh a lot less these days and rarely feel my knees anymore, so can can i push it and do Mon to Fri straight?

Anyone doing the Birmingham Great Run? I signed up a while ago, really looking forward to it. Heavy training now because I want to get down towards 1h 30m.

Anyone doing the Birmingham Great Run? I signed up a while ago, really looking forward to it. Heavy training now because I want to get down towards 1h 30m.

A couple of mates were trying to rope me into it, but it's a little bit too soon for me yet and I don't want to risk any serious injury (two hernia ops is enough thanks)

Aiming for 10k before the end of the year then 10-13 miles early next year.

Great to be back running again though, really enjoyed the last few months.

:thumb:

Just finishes a 10 KM race in 1:01:30 . pleased with that 7 mins off my PB & I still have a bad back . Foot went numb after 5 KM but ran that off.
:thumb: Good work. Sub-1 hr can't be far off.

In other news, I've noticed a few runners round here wearing Team GB vests. Bet they're flying off the shelves.

Just finished a 10 KM race in 1:01:30 . pleased with that 7 mins off my PB & I still have a bad back . Foot went numb after 5 KM but ran that off.
:thumb: Good work. Sub-1 hr can't be far off.

In other news, I've noticed a few runners round here wearing Team GB vests. Bet they're flying off the shelves.

Was a real hilly course Mike. last 2 K was all up hill. Was bolloxed by the end. My numb foot kicked in at 5 K & that didn't help either . Be glad when I have been to hospital to get my back sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, ive had my new teaching timetable, and teaching till 1700, coupled with a 90 minute commute home, and the need to spend time with my son means evening running is pretty much out of the question. Thus, i'm going to have to start doing morning running.

Now i'm probably the least likely morning runner on the planet, but ive been running for about six months now, did eight miles in one hour on saturday, and am determined not to let time issues make me stop. Has anyone got any tips for early morning running?! Or is it purely a case of mind over matter / pillow...?

'Ran' the Wye Valley Half Marathon on Sunday in the forest of Dean. Was expecting a reasonably flat run with one or two little hill, but turned out to be a full on trail run full of hills, ravines and pain! I'll stick to roads from now on I think.

What do u guys do for recovery

Im doing alot of HiiT fartlek stuff but the next day my legs are basically jelly nearly and weak is there something in ur diet u can take im already on protein shakes

Is it because im doing to much i do it every other day with weight training in between with 1 - 2 rest days a week

Â