Running

trimandson

Will it be alright for me to cycle with this gammy knee? I hate missing out a session, makes me feel like a right fat failure.
Hell, I dunno - see a physio!

But missing a session (or even a week) is no biggie.

My ankle which I injured playing football a while ago has given me grief the last couple of runs, to the point where I've had to stop. I could really do without this with less than 6 weeks til the Half Marathon!
Don't panic. Rest it for a week (swim/cycle if you can), then see how it is.

You'll get round the half OK.

Cheers - I don't have a bike and can't swim (well I can swim, but can't due to a medical condition), so will have to make do with the exercise bike at the gym!

My ankle which I injured playing football a while ago has given me grief the last couple of runs, to the point where I've had to stop. I could really do without this with less than 6 weeks til the Half Marathon!
Don't panic. Rest it for a week (swim/cycle if you can), then see how it is.

You'll get round the half OK.

Cheers - I don't have a bike and can't swim (well I can swim, but can't due to a medical condition), so will have to make do with the exercise bike at the gym!

I'm only repeating what all my runner mates say - they also seem to be into swimming and biking (some do triathlons). Me, I hate swimming and wouldn't risk inevitable death on a bike, so rest means rest (or at best, walking).

• 2 weeks later...

What if at all do you use for keeping sweat out of your eyes mj (anyone)?

I wear my contacts when running and sweat off my forehead is a pain in my eyes, i end up using my sleeve but thats abit dangerous with my lenses dont want to rub my eyes too hard.

Read about Buff or something that are quite good...?

Don't have contacts (or glasses other than for reading), so not a problem for me - I just use my sleeve or a hanky. I don't sweat all that much anyway.

Your body doesn't even know its running you so blumin fit obviously!

Small hero!

What if at all do you use for keeping sweat out of your eyes mj (anyone)?

I wear my contacts when running and sweat off my forehead is a pain in my eyes, i end up using my sleeve but thats abit dangerous with my lenses dont want to rub my eyes too hard.

Read about Buff or something that are quite good...?

well, if you're running outdoors Jez, surely sweat in the eys is not THAT much of a problem? :?

I do lots of gym work, and sweat like a beast, but when running outdoors, sweat is much less of an issue, due to temperature and wind etc.

you don't tend to get lots of sweat getting into the eyes. I wear contact too, and sweat is a bugger indoors (with now wind and higher temp) but outdoors not that much of an issue. I always wear long sleeves anyway, so that does for me to wipe away sweat. Never been an issue in terms of flipping a lens out either - just wipe your brow and not your eyes!!

I wont effect me if its windy but if the wind suddenly drop i find myself forgetting to wipe my brow and have to wide my eyes thus worrying about my contacts. I wear gas permeable ones so can easily wipe them out or lose them at the top of my eye if i close my eyes and wipe, not handy when i dont want to stop..

Will try the Vas thing next time cheers ash, if not will get some head band or something...

I wont effect me if its windy but if the wind suddenly drop i find myself forgetting to wipe my brow and have to wide my eyes thus worrying about my contacts. I wear gas permeable ones so can easily wipe them out or lose them at the top of my eye if i close my eyes and wipe, not handy when i dont want to stop..

so do i mate. Never been a problem for me. :?

you just have to be a bit careful, surely?

Prescription Sunglasses for running maybe?

Prescription Sunglasses are the best purchase I have ever made... Fact.

Oh wait, if it's not sunny... Screw it, mine are Gucci, I'll wear them if it rains, hails, snows...

Plus, you'll look like you're an important film star etc :winkold:

I'm a strange fella. I can run over 3 miles without so much as a damp armpit but after 5 minutes of walking I'm sweating like a pig.

Can anyone explain that?

Well I'm much the same - probably due to the fact that when I'm running I'm wearing shorts and a vest, whereas when I'm walking I'm usually wearing shirt, jumper, jacket, etc.

Â