Running

trimandson

Is it gonna be easy enough to get onto Broad St or are they closing it off to public transport?
It'll be closed for sure. I think you'd have to park elsewhere in town and walk up there.

Still on a high from running the Birmingham Half Marathon on Sunday, me and a couple of mates have just entered the Silverstone Half Marathon in March.

I've also got my eyes on the Telford 10K just before Christmas.

Well, back to the bread and butter. The 8.5 miles I did with the club last night has left my legs much more weary today than they were yesterday after the BHM. Could be something to do with the huge ****-off Yorkshire hills and the eyeballs-out speed session in the middle of it.

And I was told at the club in no uncertain fashion that my 1:45 PB was crap and I should have done much better. Good old Horsforth Harriers. :)

What was the new improved time for the 10K?

1.05, I'm still having to pull up fairly often to catch my breath, but recovery time is getting much better.

One strange thing I noticed myself doing yesterday was only breathing out, like I couldn't catch enough breath, but I wasn't panting as such.

A spur of the moment 2.5m tonight, up and down hills, in intervals, christ, my body is nearly crying, I was sloooooow too, but I suppose it was something new for the body to take?

I'm going out again Sunday morning for a 10k'er, but last Saturday when we went out, we both seemed to be suffering with something I can only describe as 'lead legs', whereby it was almost impossible to get a tempo going without the legs going 'noooooo' every two minutes.

Any idea why this would happen? Not enough food/stretching? Too early? It was weird man, really really hard, although we were both fired up for it big time.

Thanks in advance,

Trimbo.

I'm going out again Sunday morning for a 10k'er, but last Saturday when we went out, we both seemed to be suffering with something I can only describe as 'lead legs', whereby it was almost impossible to get a tempo going without the legs going 'noooooo' every two minutes.

Any idea why this would happen? Not enough food/stretching? Too early? It was weird man, really really hard, although we were both fired up for it big time.

Yep, It was a total opposite to Wednesdays 10k which we basically sailed through. I've never been a morning person but the difference was incredible.

Mind you Trim, I've decided not to get quite as angry at myself the next time it happens! :mrgreen:

Rocking the 1.05 again on the 10k this morning, again stopping for my lungs (Si was like a machine today, even running up the hill back the car after our 'official' finishing line).

I'm putting other training on the backburner for now, gonna try and concentrate solely on the running for a bit, two 10ks a weeks, football on Mondays, and I'm gonna try and get a 5k to interval over, build up the stamina, still some way from where I wanna be ideally.

But tis ALL good.

Inspiring stuff lads. After a couple of weeks off due to holidays and a brief but thoroughly unpleasant encounter with the norovirus I headed out this morning. It was a beautiful morning in the North East; fresh, low sun, nice and quiet. So I did 2.5 miles instead of the planned 1.5 gentle loosener. Felt good too.

Â