Running

trimandson

My mate did the Leeds Half marathon a couple of weeks ago. Said he'd be ecstatic if he ran it under 2 hours.

His time: 2 hrs 0 minutes and 1 second!!

Gutted for him!

i think really that counts as 2 hours exactly 8)

just like when i did the great north run 4 years ago and did it in 2 hours, 10 seconds :winkold: :lol:

still v proud of that run.

Does that mean I can round my 1 hour and 3 minutes for the edinburgh run down to 1 hours exactly?

naturally. What's 180 seconds amongst friends?

Plus it's a very hard course ... 8)

My mate did the Leeds Half marathon a couple of weeks ago. Said he'd be ecstatic if he ran it under 2 hours.

Gutted for him!

'Fraid not. I missed a PB by one second not so long back.

Logically it's stupid - for an amateur runner there is no REAL difference between 1:59:59, 2:00:00 and 2:00:01. But when you see it in print, you KNOW you have to get that first digit to change!

Us runners is crazy.

Gutted for him!

'Fraid not. I missed a PB by one second not so long back.

Logically it's stupid - for an amateur runner there is no REAL difference between 1:59:59, 2:00:00 and 2:00:01. But when you see it in print, you KNOW you have to get that first digit to change!

Us runners is crazy.

"La la la, I'm not listening". :winkold:

Does that mean I can round my 1 hour and 3 minutes for the edinburgh run down to 1 hours exactly?

naturally. What's 180 seconds amongst friends?

Plus it's a very hard course ... 8)

They have a thing on their website actually that converts your time to a flat course and mine was 59 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Did the Sutton Fun Run on Sunday. Longest distance I have ever ran and it killed me. Did it in 1 hour 24 minutes though so I was happy with that, stuck to my 10 minute mile. If it wasn't for the sheer pain of cramp in the last 2 miles I could have done better.

Im still feeling it but looking forward to doing it next year.

Did the Sutton Fun Run on Sunday. Longest distance I have ever ran and it killed me. Did it in 1 hour 24 minutes though so I was happy with that, stuck to my 10 minute mile. If it wasn't for the sheer pain of cramp in the last 2 miles I could have done better.

Im still feeling it but looking forward to doing it next year.

I'm guessing it was a 9 mile run then?

good stuff :)

I did the Sutton run as well (or Great Midland Fun Run as it's properly called).

Baking hot heat, and was near the back, so had to navigate pass all the walkers and not so fast runners - Therefore please with my 1hr 10 mins time.

I've just ordered one of those new fangled Nike+ chip things that go in your trainers and tell your iPod how crap at running you are. Looking forward to getting amongst it when it arrives. Anyone got any experience of these things?

I went out to my local park for a run last week , had been building my knees up in the gym these past few months

managed 1 circuit of the park and nearly died .. this from a man that used to run 6 miles in his lunch break before playing football after work

kinda depressing , really need to get back to it but really can't be arsed ..major bummer

I run for 30 mins daily when I get home from work. I live beside the beach so it's a nice run. I find expensive runners really make a difference, I had some 70 euro Nike runners first and recently bought 135 euro Asics gel runners which are amazing. People should strech but I rarely do and have never suffered injuries.

I find it boring running for longer than 25 or 30 mins and do another 20 or so minutes on the heavy punch bag after my run. Heavy bag is great fun, excellent for stress and makes you feel great. Also cmbined with the running it will work the whole body well.

I might take up some HIIT running over the summer, could do with losing some weight, the uni lifestyle is murder for your waistband.

Of course, I say I will, but I bet I don't.

Â