Running

trimandson

Road running, always a rest day after....?

On that rest day can you run on a running machine as its less stress than running on a road.

Or rest day meaning no running whats so ever?

Road running, always a rest day after....?

On that rest day can you run on a running machine as its less stress than running on a road.

Or rest day meaning no running whats so ever?

Whatever works for you is the answer. I know people who run every day.

This is what I'll be racing over on Sunday morning, left to right (8.00 start):

BMW1profile-full;init:.jpg

OK, it's distorted perspective, but believe me, it's still a bugger, I've done it before.

I find it had to find the time to run for long periods of time because I don't finish work till late, so lately I've been condensing my run down to 3k in the quickest time possible. My current best is 14.45, it's hard going!

Traedmill in the garage with Led Zep or something else really loud as it makes you want to run faster.

To get away from it ....... 8) :winkold:

This is what I'll be racing over on Sunday morning, left to right (8.00 start):

BMW1profile-full;init:.jpg

OK, it's distorted perspective, but believe me, it's still a bugger, I've done it before.

Well, THAT was fun (for some values of the word "fun").

Totally out of training, two dodgy achilles, a fast running partner, and soaring temperatures.

Got round it in 1:47 or thereabouts, which is crap, but still gave a fighting chance o the rest of the team. Looking forward to seing the results tomorrow.

But, God, I am shagged out.

Has anyone been to Birmingham Runner in Shirley? Went today as i've always had shin splints etc, few posts on here about it. Really good service, they got me on a treadmill and filed my running action, clearly shows I over pronounciate(?) so Im having to get some orthotics made for me, expensive but I can put them in my football boots, and move them to my trainers etc when needed to.

Feel more confident now as i feel this will really help and mean I can go running to get fitter for my season, just hope it works

Hi Guys, hoping for some expert advice. Believe it or not I used to be quite the runner, at my peak 16,17, 18 I would generally always win the middle distance runs at school which included the teachers and the lads who were signed totop football clubs. Sadly now mainly thanks to rubbish knees I've piled on the pounds. I really fancy getting back into some cross country running and think the best motivation would be to be able to measure accurately how far I run each time. Now I know Garmin do some GPS watches and theres the Nike+ Ipod thing (I have a gen1 Ipod touch and think it doesn't work on that). Are there any other options for recording and plotting my runs digitally (cheaper?).

Hi Guys, hoping for some expert advice. Believe it or not I used to be quite the runner, at my peak 16,17, 18 I would generally always win the middle distance runs at school which included the teachers and the lads who were signed totop football clubs. Sadly now mainly thanks to rubbish knees I've piled on the pounds. I really fancy getting back into some cross country running and think the best motivation would be to be able to measure accurately how far I run each time. Now I know Garmin do some GPS watches and theres the Nike+ Ipod thing (I have a gen1 Ipod touch and think it doesn't work on that). Are there any other options for recording and plotting my runs digitally (cheaper?).

map my run is pretty good. Gives you a graph with altitude and stuff. You can also search for runs in your area that other people have uploaded. I've only managed to get it to follow roads though, so I don't think its useful for canals, parks etc.

map my run is pretty good. Gives you a graph with altitude and stuff. You can also search for runs in your area that other people have uploaded. I've only managed to get it to follow roads though, so I don't think its useful for canals, parks etc.

You can turn on the satellite view, like in Google Earth, etc.

Any of you peeps signed up for this years Birmingham Half Marathon ?

Did it last year and really enjoyed it. Now they have changed the course, to avoid the hills that many people complained about, planning to complete in the 1hr 45min mark.

Cheers, but will it work on my ipod touch 1st gen?

Cheers, but will it work on my ipod touch 1st gen?

Wouldn't know!

Any of you peeps signed up for this years Birmingham Half Marathon ?

Did it last year and really enjoyed it. Now they have changed the course, to avoid the hills that many people complained about, planning to complete in the 1hr 45min mark.

I'm tempted by this. Is there a course map online anywhere? I can't seem to find one.

Â