Running

trimandson

9 minutes ago, PauloBarnesi said:

100 miles per week. Wow. I presume thats 2 training sessions a day? And what time are you aiming for?

It tops out there. Generally I can do 70-80 on singles, but above that a day or 2 of doubles will be required. I hate doubles as they really beat me up mentally so I'm certainly not looking fwd. to them. I find that I have less niggles if I run pretty much everyday and I cope pretty well with the milage. My goal is sub 2:50, but I'd like to try and attack something towards 2:45 if things go really well. No way to tell how I'll hold up this far out though.

weeks 1-6: 80/80/90/90/80/90

weeks 8-12: 100/100/80/100/100/90

weeks 12-18: 100/80/90/80/70/rw ~60 

• Like 1

I think anything north of 60 miles starts to get crazy to be honest, but I break down at 50, so I will never know that. Whats interesting is seeing how different people react to different training plans; some people need mega mileage, some just go for the three quality sessions, and not even 40 miles and then cross train. Depends on how good people are at recovering between sessions.

12 hours ago, villakram said:

It tops out there. Generally I can do 70-80 on singles, but above that a day or 2 of doubles will be required. I hate doubles as they really beat me up mentally so I'm certainly not looking fwd. to them. I find that I have less niggles if I run pretty much everyday and I cope pretty well with the milage. My goal is sub 2:50, but I'd like to try and attack something towards 2:45 if things go really well. No way to tell how I'll hold up this far out though.

weeks 1-6: 80/80/90/90/80/90

weeks 8-12: 100/100/80/100/100/90

weeks 12-18: 100/80/90/80/70/rw ~60 

Oh and how much to be done on the treadmill....

Also I couldn't think of anything worse than running on a treadmill. I'm aiming to try and do as much XC running as possible. It's harder work (or slower as case maybe) but better on the bones and long term makes you quite strong. Just have to be careful and not pick technical paths.

That's why I do all of my quality work on good ol' tready. Over the past yr, between MI weather and quality stuff I've done about a 3rd of my miles on the mill. It really helps to (i) think in terms of time, not miles, (ii) have a good podcast (not needed when doing Q stuff), (iii) bigger the gym the better, for distraction purposes. I go to a local chain and it really helps that the far wall is ~ 20 yards away with the weights, 2 rows of steps/ellipticals and another row of treadies in front to help distract from the indoorness of it all.

I was doing 30-40 miles a week then got hit with plantar fasciitis and haven't run more than 6km since July. Its no better than when I first got it and im slowly turning into a fat bucket of shite.

Anyone here actually had it and cured? I'm desperate.

10 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I was doing 30-40 miles a week then got hit with plantar fasciitis and haven't run more than 6km since July. Its no better than when I first got it and im slowly turning into a fat bucket of shite.

Anyone here actually had it and cured? I'm desperate.

Yep. The bad news is that it's pretty much down to total rest until it goes away. Recovery time is unpredictable, but certainly several months. Mine took the best part of two years. Sorry. :(

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yep. The bad news is that it's pretty much down to total rest until it goes away. Recovery time is unpredictable, but certainly several months. Mine took the best part of two years. Sorry. :(

Oh FFS. This has to be a cruel joke. I was cruising 13-15 mile runs then bam. Sudden pain from nowhere. Changed my shoes, insoles the lot. Used a tennis ball, golf ball, frozen bottle of water under my foot, none of them seem to actually do anything.

Meanwhile I'm ballooning to the size of a blimp mainly because I'm so pissed off with the whole situation.

Edited by stuart_75
spelling error

Seems I can't out run my sweet tooth :-)

Gutted, nearly ran my first sub 18 5K for the first time since the spring, but slid over on the last corner (they ended up moving the course after another 3 fell) and did 18:07. But generally quite pleased after 60 miles in my legs from this week.

Anyway, merry Xmas peeps, who else is out for an early morning guilt run first thing tomorrow?

• Like 1

There's been some bike theft going on in Devon recently, so me and a number of my friends are changing our names to hide our identities. For those who know me on Strava, my name on there is now Porkie McSword :)

Â