Running

trimandson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Probably the CTS Exmoor trail marathon in April, 16 week plan in place for the New Year, waiting to see how a knee injury plays out before finalising the number of hill workouts.. Hoping to race abroad at some point next year as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PauloBarnesi said:

So 2017 Marathon Plans are starting. Targeting Manchester and somewhere under 3.15. See Andy has started training for London. Anyone else?

Also doing Manchester. Signed up today.

Actually, did you get the same email? :)

• Like 2

My last one was Worcester Run Bike Run. I met Steve Cram there :)

Normally run 10k in 42ish. I accidentally ran the first 10k in 42 :/ then 20k into the bike both calfs cramped solid. Couldn't pedal. Then after getting back to transition I got cramp in the trunk and shuffled around the 5k 2nd run.

So maybe don't listen to me!

• Like 1

On 19/12/2016 at 13:13, PauloBarnesi said:

So 2017 Marathon Plans are starting. Targeting Manchester and somewhere under 3.15. See Andy has started training for London. Anyone else?

Yup, 16 week plan has started and this is after a couple of months of 50 mile weeks to try and get my body ready for 64-87 mile weeks.

At least Im beginning to shift some weight, you would of thought Ironman would lose you weight, but a summer of long distance triathlon and I was up 20 pounds from my marathon weight

Same as this year before I got sick and it went all vomit rainbows, 2:45.

I'm going to try and get into NYC marathon on GFA too as my half from Reading this year is quick enough to get me into the first come first serve GFA places.

10 hours ago, andyjsg said:

Same as this year before I got sick and it went all vomit rainbows, 2:45.

I'm going to try and get into NYC marathon on GFA too as my half from Reading this year is quick enough to get me into the first come first serve GFA places.

You following a specific training plan or something you've cobbled together yourself?

48 minutes ago, villakram said:

You following a specific training plan or something you've cobbled together yourself?

Specific plan, although unsure of its exact origin as one that has come from people at my club, I did a lower mile version last time although started it at about 12 weeks as came into the group late. Its kind of a case of do one long run, one medium run, at least one speed session of sorts and make the rest of the miles up with recovery runs etc. So this week it has 65 miles with a 17 and a 12 and then 16mins + 4 rec + 12mins at Lactate threshold pace - tough session 2 days into marathon training and especially if you are like me and did your long run the day before. Im especially looking forward to week beginning 27th Feb, 87 miles with 24 and 15 and 7 miles at lactate threshold pace.

3 hours ago, andyjsg said:

Specific plan, although unsure of its exact origin as one that has come from people at my club, I did a lower mile version last time although started it at about 12 weeks as came into the group late. Its kind of a case of do one long run, one medium run, at least one speed session of sorts and make the rest of the miles up with recovery runs etc. So this week it has 65 miles with a 17 and a 12 and then 16mins + 4 rec + 12mins at Lactate threshold pace - tough session 2 days into marathon training and especially if you are like me and did your long run the day before. Im especially looking forward to week beginning 27th Feb, 87 miles with 24 and 15 and 7 miles at lactate threshold pace.

I assume that last one is minutes ;)

I'm doing Daniel's 2Q topping out at 100 mpw and it started out with 18 miles with 4T + 4min rec + 4T, and has 20 miles with 6M + 1T + 5M + 1T + 1M continuous as the week one quality days. It's bloody hard going!

Â