Running

trimandson

Another official timed .measured course 5k ....im happy as I beat some of the others from the last road race and nearly everyone was saying it was a tough race big hill between 2-3k and rain

winning time was a fantastic 15:31 I rolled in at 24:30

It's happened, mate. I recognise the signs. You're a runner.

If you're not in that club yet, get on it.

• Like 1

Awesome running from everyone on here

Currently in training for the Twin Cities marathon on Oct 4th. Hit a new pr of 1:29 at a half last week, so on schedule for my target pace of 7min, i.e., 3:03

I hit 1:30 at a half earlier this year to set me up for my goal of 3:15 at London. I blew up at 20 miles with cramp and ended up finishing in 3:33. x2+15 wasn't enough for me, should've gone slower.

Currently in training for the Twin Cities marathon on Oct 4th. Hit a new pr of 1:29 at a half last week, so on schedule for my target pace of 7min, i.e., 3:03

I hit 1:30 at a half earlier this year to set me up for my goal of 3:15 at London. I blew up at 20 miles with cramp and ended up finishing in 3:33. x2+15 wasn't enough for me, should've gone slower.

down with that sort of talk!

I'm up to 75m per week and a few more weeks to go... so pretty hopeful, but this running lark does just make a fool of ya though!

Another official timed .measured course 5k ....im happy as I beat some of the others from the last road race and nearly everyone was saying it was a tough race big hill between 2-3k and rain

winning time was a fantastic 15:31 I rolled in at 24:30

It's happened, mate. I recognise the signs. You're a runner.

If you're not in that club yet, get on it.

I wish I did ...I chickened out going yesterday and went for a beech 5k .....my god my liver and kidneys hurt while running that 

Yep hard work running on the beach.

I didnt do anywhere near 75m per week as i like to keep at least a couple of my sessions as speedwork so maxed out at 50miles. Longest single run i did was 19 miles and only 3 over 15 miles. Was enough for sub 3 and i think for my winter/spring i will be more inclined to do 2x10 miles in one day; one easy, one quick.

As for fartlek, time/distance dont matter so much and you can do it on flat too by just striding out each time, keep your stride long and rangey and try and hold it for a minute or so then jog for another couple. Randomise the length and recoveries.

• Like 1

I managed a very slow, very hilly (well, one very long slow hill), 3.8 miles this evening. I wasn't going for time, I wasn't going for distance, I just needed to prove to myself I could run properly again on tired legs without any problems flaring up, it's been a tough few years with sciatica and then some random knacker pains. Today I feel like the gym work is paying off and I'm on the road back, I doubt I'll make Birmingham Half but it feels good to be running with that relaxed concentration again, chuffed man, really pleased with myself :)

• Like 3

Ran my parkrun in sub 26 minutes which is the fastest I've done it since my injury. I was running 5k in about 22 minutes reasonably comfortably at that point so still some way to go, happy with the progress though.

• Like 2

A couple of days ago I ran 10km and I knew it was my best time, but halfway when I checked my pace I must have accidentally paused the run recording so I had no idea how I did, but I thought about 58 minutes.

Today I managed the 10k in 57.24, pushing pretty hard through a stitch for the last couple of km. Very happy with that! I'm in the middle of a nightshift week at work so i'm already a bit fatigued, and it was freezing outside so my motivation wasn't particularly good, but I enjoyed it once I got into it :)

I've also managed to drop from 88kg to 84kg in the last 3 weeks. I've been eating better, but still not great, so it's basically all down to the running. Gotta love those sorts of results!

• Like 1

One thing I have noticed no weight loss at all but then again I'm not really looking at that side of it .......on another note I'm looking to do the Dublin half marathon just don't have the self belief yet that I can do it to register

One thing I have noticed no weight loss at all but then again I'm not really looking at that side of it .......on another note I'm looking to do the Dublin half marathon just don't have the self belief yet that I can do it to register

Yeah to be fair I was power lifting for a year and still do ..not as much tho ...i have averaged about 5 k a day for two months ...I'm not overly bothered with the weight loss I'm more than happy with just been able to go out and know i can achieve 5-10 k ....Next goal is the half marathon by the end of the year

I'm finding it difficult to decide what pace to run my first marathon. My half time (1:33), would suggest around under 3:30 for a full, but thinking of playing it safe and aiming for 3:45 then seeing what's left after 20 miles. Any suggestions from those who have run a marathon before? My thinking is get around this one in a decent time, then try to hit 3:20-3:30 next year.

Also well pleased with my last half, came in a couple of seconds under 1:33, but it was about 22c on the day, so target for next year is 1:30....not sure if that's possible as don't think I could have run any faster than 1:33, the legs were done at the end!!

Anyone else running City of Birmingham 10k in Sutton Park next weekend?

Â