Running

trimandson

You need to eat healthy food that gives you energy, not macdonalds sry excuse for a meal.

Twas said tongue in cheek but I completed my longest ever run after a chicken meat and chips the morning after the night before

Glad I found this thread as I've started running again for a bit of fitness and I'm about 7 runs over 10 days into it.

I did a lot of running a few years ago to get a job, but my fitness is long gone. I've started running 5kms on a relatively flat surface around my block and I've gotten my time down from about 32 minutes to 26 minutes so far.

My best time when I was reasonably fit was about a 23 minute 5km, which I'm hoping to get down below again, although once I drop below 5 minute kilometres, I reckon I'll work in a longer run and some sprints.

I'd eventually like to run longer distances but it'll take a couple of months to build up any sort of fitness base before I look at something like that.

I'm feeling great at the moment to be back into it. I had a very minor twinge in my knee a couple of days ago but I think I'll be fine to go again tomorrow.

Going for my first longer run tomorrow on my day off. I've been doing 5k so far, and I want to do a 2nd lap of my route and go for 10. Yesterday I didn't have time to do two laps of my route, so I ran the first one at the slower pace i'd be going for if I was running for 2, and felt really good as I finished. Really hoping I can finish 2 laps.

I'm almost beginning to enjoy running if that's actually possible :)

• Like 2

Ive recently joined a running club, mainly to have the competition. Most members though use it as an opportunity for training and free coaching. Whilst i know good sessions myself i find running with the club useful.

• Like 1

Im at the point where people are asking me am I in a running club yet and if not why not ......is there any point ?

100% yes. Your times will improve leaps and bounds.

There's also something about wearing club colours in a race that makes you feel more like a serious athlete than those in their charity shirts.

• Like 1

Im at the point where people are asking me am I in a running club yet and if not why not ......is there any point ?

100% yes. Your times will improve leaps and bounds.

There's also something about wearing club colours in a race that makes you feel more like a serious athlete than those in their charity shirts.

I did feel envy at the 5k the other day when everyone was in club colours and I rock up in a tee shirt

I did my first 10k run today and I absolutely loved it! Most enjoyable run i've ever had by a long, long way.

I just did 2 laps of my usual 5k track. 1.02.25 time for about 10.5km, but my aim was just to finish. At the halfway mark I felt basically as good as I did at the 1k mark.

I could have almost gone for another lap I felt so good at the end.

• Like 2

I did my first 10k run today and I absolutely loved it! Most enjoyable run i've ever had by a long, long way.

I just did 2 laps of my usual 5k track. 1.02.25 time for about 10.5km, but my aim was just to finish. At the halfway mark I felt basically as good as I did at the 1k mark.

I could have almost gone for another lap I felt so good at the end.

Congrats!

Recently just done my first 2 in 59 mins, sure there's room for improvement but its just me running round my local park, still smoking and eating badly so that's an achievement in itself I reckon.

• Like 1

50 min 10k I will take that ...the stitch problem seems to have gone as well

That's a bloody good time mate, hope you are proud of that. 59 mins for me at the moment.

I am ...I couldn't /didn't run until two months ago now I can't stop...heading up to the local running club later to see what the Craic is
  • Like 1

41:40 for me. Hopefully dip below 40 mins at Stratford this year. I've only ever done hilly 10ks when I've been running well so I'll put some training in for Stratford.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â