Running

trimandson

I decided to go longer again and do a 3rd lap of my 5km track, ended up doing 15km in 1.31.29.

Definitely battled in the last 5km, but it was slightly faster than the first two as well.

I might be a bit sore in the morning :-)

There is a 12km charity run in Adelaide called the City to Bay in late September that i've always had on my bucket list to run, and i'll finally have the ability to do it.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone's interested but I did this video of my local Parkrun a while back

The guy running with the reverse GoPro is a mate who's a quick runner so he started right at the back and tried to run past as many people as possible. ( I'm not on there because he never quite caught me ;) )

The raw video was crazy bumpy and YouTube smoothed a lot out.

It's much better with sound and gives a good insight into why we all run :)

• Like 4

I cracked an hour for my 10k run today, finishing in 59.26.

I had some issues mid run with bloody magpies who are getting increasingly aggressive this time of year. I ran about 200m backwards so I could wave one away. He had about 5 or 6 goes at me, but never got too close.

I've got another way I can go thankfully that should work just as well, but I do like the track i've been running!

• Like 1

I tend to go with whatever is on offer on wiggle or chainreactioncycles and happy with all my Nike, Saucony, Gore, Asics, Mizuno stuff I have.

I do like the Gore stuff, especially for jackets but think its probably overpriced for what it is.

got my 5k down to 23.39.......not bad for a big guy :D

Good going, add some interval training and you'll be sub 20 before you know it :)

easy going :P ....before the 9th of may I had no interest in running at all :D....but thanks 

I tend to go with whatever is on offer on wiggle or chainreactioncycles and happy with all my Nike, Saucony, Gore, Asics, Mizuno stuff I have.

I do like the Gore stuff, especially for jackets but think its probably overpriced for what it is.

Gore, is that the brand that make the £100+ waterproof jackets? I remember the running club veterans absolutely bumming them if so, good shout

Not sure if anyone's interested but I did this video of my local Parkrun a while back

The guy running with the reverse GoPro is a mate who's a quick runner so he started right at the back and tried to run past as many people as possible. ( I'm not on there because he never quite caught me ;) )

The raw video was crazy bumpy and YouTube smoothed a lot out.

It's much better with sound and gives a good insight into why we all run :)

Great video, he passes me at 22 seconds! Although I've only been doing it since about March I do love AVPR, it's a great community.

I want to start working in a fartlek type run every week to try to improve my pace a little bit.

I don't know a whole heap about it, is it just something I can do on my normal 5km run, or is that too long for this sort of thing?

How long should my slow and quicker intervals be?

I've been hovering around the 26-27 minute mark for 5km, but i'd like to get it down below 25 at the very least. A few years back I was around the 22-23 mark for a 5km run and i'd like to at least match that, although I think i'll probably focus on longer runs with my training overall.

I don't have any hills in my area at all, it's as flat as a pancake. I'd love to do hill runs but the convenience isn't really there.

I don't particularly care if i'm breaking 20 minutes or anything, i'd just like to increase my time for the 5km to something a bit more respectable. We do have a couple of parkrun type things in Adelaide, but I live semi-rurally north of Adelaide and everything is just too far away.

Another official timed .measured course 5k ....im happy as I beat some of the others from the last road race and nearly everyone was saying it was a tough race big hill between 2-3k and rain 

winning time was a fantastic 15:31   I rolled in at 24:30

• Like 1

Anyone done marathon training which includes progressive runs on your weekly long run?

I have a 10miler to do this Sunday with the last 20 mins 'quicker' but how much quicker?

Marathon pace or marathon pace - 10s

I want to start working in a fartlek type run every week to try to improve my pace a little bit.

I don't know a whole heap about it, is it just something I can do on my normal 5km run, or is that too long for this sort of thing?

How long should my slow and quicker intervals be?

I do fartlek intervals as part of my marathon training.

I do specific runs for them and usually on the local cycle path so can control the distance and pace easier.

If you have a watch they will be easier to keep track of but something that records your time should work fine.

It would be worth figuring out your goal pace, you can do that here... https://www.mcmillanrunning.com/even if its just an estimate.

This is how its worded on my training plan...

Fartlek Run

50m - 1h 10m

Workout

Include 4-6 x 3 minutes at 10K effort, 1 minute recovery jog between each repetition; include a warm-up and cool-down

SO essentially i run easy for 10mins, then quick for 3 mins (but not too quick) walk for a min, repeat x number of times. Could go quicker for 2 mins walk for 1, whatever really.

Very handy workout.

• Like 1

Awesome running from everyone on here

Currently in training for the Twin Cities marathon on Oct 4th. Hit a new pr of 1:29 at a half last week, so on schedule for my target pace of 7min, i.e., 3:03

Edited by villakram
  • Like 2

Â