economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

Thomas Cook will survive and are supposed to already have finance in place or at least potential offers of finance anyway.

They will restructure, close a large number of their stores and focus more on their online business, I can't even remember the last time I went to a travel agents other than to get brochures before booking on line.

Anyone who fancies a punt should buy their shares because the 75% drop in value is nothing more than reactionary panic and they will recover, perhaps not their full value but sufficiently enough to make a nice profit I'd imagine.

70% drop on this year , followed a 50% drop the previous year i bleive ?? .. they are now a company with negative assets paying large, increasing amounts of interest ...TC only renegotiated their loan a month ago and they need a massive turnaround to survive .. the sting being are customers going to risk booking a holiday through Thomas Cook ?

long road ahead for them ...

so it comes out that NR had to be sold by 2013 and has been sold for £747m.

bet Darling and Brown wish they accepted the £1.5bn they were offered in 2007 :S

but obviously heading towards election time, selling for a lot more but resulting in job losses was bad for their Party PR.

why did they put a time limit on the selling of NR?

isn't that bloody stupid?

so it comes out that NR had to be sold by 2013 and has been sold for £747m.

bet Darling and Brown wish they accepted the £1.5bn they were offered in 2007 :S

but obviously heading towards election time, selling for a lot more but resulting in job losses was bad for their Party PR.

why did they put a time limit on the selling of NR?

isn't that bloody stupid?

I don't quite follow.

NR was nationalised at a cost of £1.4bn in 2008. Shareholders considered the price too low, and sought to challenge it. The terms set by the EU, who apparently had to agree, were that it must be denationalised by 2013.

Where do you get this stuff about Brown turning down a price twice what Osborne is now selling it for?

One things for sure Branson has got a bargain

Hmmm I wander why.....?! which party did Branson donate lots of money too? It was Georgie Porgie and his chum David.

Now Dave and Gideon are paying him back with our money.

They've nationalised the debts and privatised the profits!

Â