Under the Skin: The Story of Aston Villa

Chindie

Dion Dublin has an affinity with the club and he’s a reasonably prominent individual in the media. He’d probably be alright doing it.

Probably an unpopular opinion but all this sort of behind the scenes stuff can leave me a little cold. Everything is too polished, it’s just a bit too navel gazing for me. 

I get why this is a good thing and bringing exposure, etc etc…and I don’t know, maybe I’ll watch it, depends. I’d be quite content us not playing that side of the game. But I accept I’m likely in the minority here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Well that was OK, having Gabby front it won't please a few though.

Could have done without the Peaky Blinders music, and they managed to shoehorn in everyone's favourite diver for some reason.

That sounds dreadful already. Going to give it  a miss. That bloke is stealing a living being 'Mr Aston Villa' based on about 3 good seasons. Next.

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Quickly on this - Townsend and Merson love the Villa. But also, is Barry doing media stuff? I thought he’d taken the (sensible!) route of disappearing from public life entirely. What’s he on?

Barry has been on our games a number of times, on BT Sport if I'm not mistaken. Usually when it's Citeh Villa and he usually gives perspective from the City side. He's not claret and blue 

Nor do Townsend and Merson love the Villa. Townsend only mentions he played for us when we're drubbing someone. Otherwise he couldn't give a dying duck. Merson is an Arsenal man who occasionally backs us in his predictions, but he's not a Villa man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Dion Dublin has an affinity with the club and he’s a reasonably prominent individual in the media. He’d probably be alright doing it.

Probably an unpopular opinion but all this sort of behind the scenes stuff can leave me a little cold. Everything is too polished, it’s just a bit too navel gazing for me. 

I get why this is a good thing and bringing exposure, etc etc…and I don’t know, maybe I’ll watch it, depends. I’d be quite content us not playing that side of the game. But I accept I’m likely in the minority here.

Dion is a great shout and a constructive one beyond the "Gabby's naff, bin him off" perspective. Which isn't really a perspective, just bitterness. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Barry has been on our games a number of times, on BT Sport if I'm not mistaken. Usually when it's Citeh Villa and he usually gives perspective from the City side. He's not claret and blue 

Nor do Townsend and Merson love the Villa. Townsend only mentions he played for us when we're drubbing someone. Otherwise he couldn't give a dying duck. Merson is an Arsenal man who occasionally backs us in his predictions, but he's not a Villa man.

Chelsea fan if I am not mistaken

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

Who used the word legend? You, not me.

Far from it. All I'm saying is he gets dog's abuse for F all. Just because you and a handful of posters can't forgive him for getting fat.

No you didn’t - I did and stand by it. And this is one of the most oddest defence of a professional athlete I could imagine tbh with you.

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Chelsea fan if I am not mistaken

You are. Spurs.

As others have posted, the YouTube and twitter one posted is an Aussie doco, not the one Heck mentioned.

• Thanks 1

On 21/05/2024 at 15:56, est1874 said:

I can't understand the hate for Gabby.

We're not blessed with former players who give a shit about the club. Even some of the class of '82, legends though they are, haven't followed the club since. (Yes they did way more for us on the pitch than Gabby, of course - am obviously not suggesting otherwise, before anyone jumps down me gullet).

Gabby has made a media career from not giving a shit about us during our downfall. All them "hilarious" Roy Keane/Remi Garde stories that make him sound look like a bigger clearing in the woods

Now we are good he is back to Mr Aston Villa

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Advertisement for Vivid Ink? Seems out of place. Whats the point of it featuring in this video? 

I think the bloke behind that shop posts on here, he definitely did in the past, his missus at the time was a Soccerette and he posted on here a few times about it. I've met him in a previous life and he seems to be a bit of a 'name' in the Brum scene while also being someone that I personally wouldn't choose to associate with. 

Not 100% sure but I think he might have some connections with other, somewhat odious, DJ types associated to the club.

51 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I think the bloke behind that shop posts on here, he definitely did in the past, his missus at the time was a Soccerette and he posted on here a few times about it. I've met him in a previous life and he seems to be a bit of a 'name' in the Brum scene while also being someone that I personally wouldn't choose to associate with. 

Not 100% sure but I think he might have some connections with other, somewhat odious, DJ types associated to the club.

Soccerette remember that😂 something wouldn't be a thing In 2024. Bit degrading that was wasn't it. 

Agbonlahor was a one club man. He was a product of the Aston Villa culture at that time. 

From what I have read he was not alone in under training, it was how the club was run when he came through. Agbonlahor was not responsible for the club culture, it is the other way around. The club which developed him taught that culture and lack of professionalism to him, it ingrained it in him as a player.

I think people feel angry at him because he was still there when we went down so he is a bit of a symbol for our good times and our fall but he was not responsible for it. That blame should be placed at the top, at management level.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, T-Dog said:

My brother is his best mate, he isn't dodgy at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

My brother is his best mate, he isn't dodgy at all.

I didn't say he was, I just said he wasn't someone I'd choose to associate with, like many people out there.

• Haha 1

Â