Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

limpid

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have still leaked goals with him 

Guess England should just pick all the defenders that play for clubs that don't concede any goals then. 

Apparently James Trafford is in. Still very young, but I wouldn't want him to be backup for Pickford after having such a poor season.

Toney is in too. The Watkins screw job is on.

Why are they confirming rumours one player at a time? Surely to know this the whole squad must have leaked? 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Why are they confirming rumours one player at a time? Surely to know this the whole squad must have leaked? 

People connected to the players must be leaking. We’ll know the whole squad by the time 2pm comes.

Watkins will surely be in, Southgate has lost the plot if he isn't. How Ivan Toney has made the squad I don't know, the guy's a fraud. 

Konsa's form has been iffy the last couple of months but he performed in March, I'd expect him to make the training squad.

At least Henderson has been dropped and I am glad to see players like Wharton and Eze in. Jones and Quansah seem to only be in because they play for Plop. 

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

People connected to the players must be leaking. We’ll know the whole squad by the time 2pm comes.

It's 1pm the announcement.

22 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Apparently Quansah also called up. Can see Konsa missing out sadly. 

Quansah who made 17 league appearances in which Liverpool kept one clean sheet. Is it too late for Konsa to swap nations? He'll never get a look in under Southgate.

Wharton in is an interesting one.

How do you go the last year of selecting the same old boys in qualifiers and friendlies, then select someone in the squad who's never got a cap. The bloke's a **** idiot.

• Like 3

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

Quansah who made 17 league appearances in which Liverpool kept one clean sheet. Is it too late for Konsa to swap nations? He'll never get a look in under Southgate.

Konsa is hindered by having played at RB for a big chunk of the season, he's not particularly good there, I can have no complaints about that tbh

Just now, Davkaus said:

Konsa is hindered by having played at RB for a big chunk of the season, he's not particularly good there, I can have no complaints about that tbh

I agree, but he didn't play badly when he played for England earlier in the year, and when he's played CB he's mostly been very good under Unai's tenure.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Wharton in is an interesting one.

How do you go the last year of selecting the same old boys in qualifiers and friendlies, then select someone in the squad who's never got a cap. The bloke's a **** idiot.

Which squad should he have picked Wharton in before now? Since he joined Palace he's been one of the standout players in his position in the league, which is also one of the biggest holes England need to fill.

It would be silly not to take him. 

Â