Race for The Premier League - 2024/2025

Don_Simon

Just now, Keyblade said:

If City get hit with charges next season, I don't see why we can't challenge. Being dead serious. Liverpool will also be in transition. 

Correct. There's probably never been a better chance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

If City get hit with charges next season, I don't see why we can't challenge. Being dead serious. Liverpool will also be in transition. 

They are expecting the court case to conclude in 2025 and the appeals to conclude late 2025 or early 2026.

We are capable at the same time probably need to be realistic. Depends on injuries and how well we build the depth in the team.

I read if you reach the final of the Champions League this season you'll have played 17 games. At bare minimum we play 8 and it's going to take its toll.

I'd be ecstatic with top 5 and a good performance in the Champions League and then we build again. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

We are capable at the same time probably need to be realistic. Depends on injuries and how well we build the depth in the team.

I read if you reach the final of the Champions League this season you'll have played 17 games. At bare minimum we play 8 and it's going to take its toll.

I'd be ecstatic with top 5 and a good performance in the Champions League and then we build again. 

Talking of realism, I can’t help feeling Chelsea are doing this season what we did last season.  A mediocre start, gradual improvement and then a solid late run for Europe.  They may well be the biggest barrier to us retaining top 4 status this time next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Talking of realism, I can’t help feeling Chelsea are doing this season what we did last season.  A mediocre start, gradual improvement and then a solid late run for Europe.  They may well be the biggest barrier to us retaining top 4 status this time next year.

Whilst I wouldn't have Poch, I think he's turning them into a top 4 contender, their form recently has been superb, they do have some great talent in the team (not Gallagher, mot overrated player I've ever seen) but I'd be amazed if they aren't sniffing around CL spots next season.

Here is how I see the race: 

Man City - Settled and strong.
Arsenal - Settled and strong 
Liverpool - No Klopp, new manager, not stable, unpredictable. 
Villa - Settled and will get stronger 
Chelsea - Finished strongly, more settled. Will be our biggest contenders for 4th.
Newcastle- They're strong at home, if they keep their best players they will challenge
Spurs - Ange interview yesterday was odd, seems unsettled club.
Man United- Not worried about them,
Bournemouth- Dark Horses
Brighton - Not worried about them 

Good likelihood English clubs will go back to form and the Premier League will get a 5th UCL spot.  I envision City and Arsenal finishing in the top two, so it will be Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and Villa competing for 2 or 3 remaining UCL spots. Spurs will tail-off and Man United will continue to be inconsistent. 

Posted (edited)

Man C115y will win the league by a long way. I know they may get their case heard but apparently not before the end of next season and it will just be a big fine anyway.

Arsenal will probably finish 2nd.

After that I think Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and us will be between 3rd and 6th.

I expect Newcastle and Man United to be hovering around 7th again.

With the cheats in our league, you need 90 odd points to win the title. We will get within 20 points but no closer. Like this season.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Posted (edited)

We need to make European Qualification our aim every season. There will be variability in where we finish depending on injuries/luck and how other teams are performing. If we can get 60+ points, finish in top 6 or 7 next season and qualify for Europa League while making it to knock out playoff phase of Champions League. That's a success, that'll be 3 years of consecutive European football and the type of consistency the club can build on. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Chelsea - Finished strongly, more settled. Will be our biggest contenders for 4th.
Newcastle- They're strong at home, if they keep their best players they will challenge
Bournemouth- Dark Horses

I think West Ham have resources and will sell and buy players this summer. They will be in top 10 mix for sure. 

I think United is up in the air, who knows what will happen there. 

City and Arsenal will be top 2. Chelsea are showing strong form now and I'm a big believer in the end of season form of a club carrying over. We saw it with Leicster winning the league, we saw it with Newcastle getting 4th. You saw it with us getting 4th this season. 

Liverpool have a very talented and experienced side, I think they won't drop off much and tbh Klopp might have dropped off his levels in last 2 seasons. 5th and 3rd (they scored so many late goals this season they over performed I think). 

Newcastle, it will be important for us they get Europe so they have Thu / Sunday and they'll want to win Conference League.

Spurs I feel Ange approach is ripe for being found out in the elite level of the PL, coaches adapt tactically and need to. I hope he stays true to the style he wants and they will suffer. 

It feels like 8 or 9 teams and I think we will be consistent if we get better luck with injuries and we recruit well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Bournemouth- Dark Horses

Bournemouth will be nowhere near the top 4.  Would be more worried about West Ham, and I'm not worried about West Ham.

For us, good showing in UCL, run in either cup and top 5 would be an achievement.

• Like 1

If we can recruit well and get some of our players back off the injury list then why not. We have improved year on year since Emery came in and he's not sitting on his hands now.

The teams we have to beat are Arsenal,  Man City and Liverpool and their not unbeatable, not by a long way. Others teams are sorting themselves out which hopefully means the top 3 lose more games than this year. Tbh City looked devoid of inspiration,  I think they maybe in decline, next season is a great chance for us to compete at the very top. UTV.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Good likelihood English clubs will go back to form and the Premier League will get a 5th UCL spot.  I envision City and Arsenal finishing in the top two, so it will be Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and Villa competing for 2 or 3 remaining UCL spots. Spurs will tail-off and Man United will continue to be inconsistent. 

Exactly this. 

Man City and Arsenal will both be just as strong, maybe even stronger. That's the top 2.

Then Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle and Villa competing for 3rd, 4th and 5th. 

Spurs and Man Utd competing for 5-8th.

No other clubs even coming close to that top 8.

We're going to be champions. Don Unai wants improvement every season and won't accept 4th. A fit full squad this season would have had us still fighting the title this coming weekend.

• Like 4

Â