New Walkout Music

maqroll

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Something a bit slower, more anthemic, a classic of some kind - Crazy Train just isn't well known enough, I doubt many of the the under thirties at Villa Park have a clue what it is other than that it's played before Villa games and I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I heard it anywhere else.

Maybe something timeless with a bit of emotion and inspiration - this would be great with the right images on the big screens.

I don't think Andy Williams is on many under 30s playlists either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Something a bit slower, more anthemic, a classic of some kind - Crazy Train just isn't well known enough, I doubt many of the the under thirties at Villa Park have a clue what it is other than that it's played before Villa games and I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I heard it anywhere else.

You're clearly not down with the kids...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

I don't think Andy Williams is on many under 30s playlists either.

He's not - but they might  have seen the Honda advert and they'll definitely have heard it in a film somewhere along the line - it's got a certain ubiquity.

That's the thing for me, Crazy Train just isn't a well known enough song - I can only ever remember hearing it at Villa Park and at one other sporting event in the US when I remember thinking "that's the song from Villa Park" - it's not something that gets radio play or is used anywhere else and I don't think it's something many people are playing at home. If it wasn't our walkout music, I wouldn't know what it is. Ozzy and Sabbath are a little bit too niche nowadays and Ozzy is much more famous for his stories and his TV show than actual songs - most people couldn't name three Sabbath/Ozzy songs, they'll just tell you he bit the head off a bat, married Sharon and pissed up the Alamo. 

The music itself just isn't well known enough, and probably just as importantly in terms of Crazy Train, it's not very good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's not - but they might  have seen the Honda advert and they'll definitely have heard it in a film somewhere along the line - it's got a certain ubiquity.

That's the thing for me, Crazy Train just isn't a well known enough song - I can only ever remember hearing it at Villa Park and at one other sporting event in the US when I remember thinking "that's the song from Villa Park" - it's not something that gets radio play or is used anywhere else and I don't think it's something many people are playing at home. If it wasn't our walkout music, I wouldn't know what it is. Ozzy and Sabbath are a little bit too niche nowadays and Ozzy is much more famous for his stories and his TV show than actual songs - most people couldn't name three Sabbath/Ozzy songs, they'll just tell you he bit the head off a bat, married Sharon and pissed up the Alamo. 

The music itself just isn't well known enough, and probably just as importantly in terms of Crazy Train, it's not very good.

If you want “radio play” then your asking for Dua Lipa or Taylor Swift… I’m not sure how well “we are never ever getting back together (Taylor’s version)” will work and I’m assuming that’s not what you are asking for anyway but that’s “what people listen to in their own homes” these days.

I actually like Crazy Train, the absurd nature of crew song kind of fits supporting the villa over the years. I don’t like Ozzy or Black Sabbath that much but I do listen to rock so maybe I am biased. In terms of being more widely known there’s nothing wrong with it being “the villa song” for some people and most people will know who Ozzy Osborne is even if they don’t listen to 70s/80s metal so it’s not totally obscure, and there’s a local connection to it which is good.

The walk out is supposed to be a bit “in your face” to get people pumped up, rock music works better for that than most. I get this song is a bit of an acquired musical taste, maybe it does need to be updated but everyone will have their own preferences so there will never be unanimous agreement either way, just look at the suggestions on this thread for example. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Crazy Train has been sampled, covered and used in commercials so the cultural relevance is definitely there.  We could do a hip hop blend like the song below if we want it to appeal more to a younger crowd. Obviously the offensive words need to be cut out.

I hope you’re serious. This is funny as **** 😂😂

• Confused 1

I'm into metal myself but I think Crazy Train doesn't quite work. If we're going down that route then it should really be a Sabbath tune rather than an Ozzy one. 

On that thought do the Blues come out to Funky Moped by Jasper Carrott?

Not a fan of Crazy Train if I’m honest. My young son at a recent home game said it’s just a noise! 

Walking out to “Hi Ho Aston Villa” would do for me. 

Posted (edited)

i am talking about Theme from Unmade Silent movie here

On 15/05/2024 at 09:42, The_Rev said:

They actually played it at Villa Park on Monday night, probably half an hour before kick off. 

They have been playing it abt 30-45 mins before kick off for some time now - but so few of us are there then to hear it

Edited by Hev
No mention of tune

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

Queen

We will rock you

We used to have that not too long ago. I am not a huge fan of Crazy Train but i much prefer it to that awful shrieking one we had before - Escape i think it was called. 

Edited by Hev
Typos

Posted (edited)

what about the first 90 seconds or so of this, the way it builds? 

Edited by Hev

I think having a local band and a Villa fan is the right thing. Would definitely take that over something not related to Villa. 

• Like 3

I don't mind Crazy Train however I'm not into metal myself.  It could be argued that Birmingham is the home of heavy metal with the likes of Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin being from here so I like the fact we give a nod towards that.

• Like 1

If we add to our Spanish contingent of Carlos, Torres and Moreno by signing Baena, Soler and Hermoso, the players should walk out to the rousing "March of the Toreadors" by Bizet.

Â