Pre Match Thread - Cup Final 9 of 10

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Home advantage gives us every chance . Don’t accept how people saying we have zero chance.   Give the team some credit ffs. 

Okay 6-0  😂

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

We are 3/1 to win, so not exactly no chance. 

Did you see our odds against Olympiacos??

We have a chance if we can bring our game. If it's a Brighton/Olympiacos performance till the end of the season, we will need the team we have been slagging all season to help us out Tuesday.

Not sure who's actually going to be available for this, namely Tielemans, Rogers, Moreno, Zaniolo and Bailey who took a few whacks on Thursday night. Assuming Rogers definitely misses it (thought I'd seen that he's out for the season?) 

I'd go; 

Martinez.

Konsa.    Carlos.   Torres.      Digne.

Bailey.  McGinn.  Tielemans.   Zaniolo.

Diaby.      Watkins.

Similar line up to Arsenal. 

I could see another 50 line ups and I don't think it would alter things that much, we're down to the bare bones, fatigued and many players out of form. It's not a perfect team, but I dont think that currently exists at the moment.

What matters though is that they lift themselves for one massive game. 

I can't see a win or even a draw, but they've shocked me a few times this season so who knows.  What a feeling it would be to secure ECL ourselves and not have to rely on the Spurs result. UTFV. 💜💙

Podcasts pundits the lot keep mentioning Liverpool will have too much for us and keep stating mings and buendia missing, hold on have they not been missing the whole season what difference do they make if they’ve never been present honestly it does my head in that people lack so much logic and common sense.

Tielemans and Bailey need to be fit for this and id be tempted to bench Luiz, Could throw in Zaniolo to start.

Football is fickle just because we have lost a few in a row does not mean we terrible overnight and we cant beat these up until a fortnight ago they weren’t good themselves and some were suggesting we could even finish above them. we beat arsenal not too long ago and we can match these top teams, Kamara is a huge miss for us and he is overlooked and forgotten about by many on here. 

With their intensity and relative freshness compared to our injury ravaged knackered team, adding into the fact I'm sure VAR will help the bin dippers if required, I sadly can't see a positive result taking everything into account.

Liverpool officially out of the title race after this weekend so nothing to play for in theory. We just need to want it more than them and we can get the win we need.

A draw doesn't really change anything other than to rule-out the goal-difference element, which is very unlikely after they stuttered past Burnley.

We have to put everything into this.

We can do it if VP is rocking.

Liverpool's midfield 3 are the ones we need to control to have a chance so I'd prefer to give us an extra set of legs in the middle to avoid being over run. May also allow Luiz or Youri a bit more freedom if they know they're not leaving the other with no support;

Martinez

Konsa Carlos Pau Digne 

Tim Luiz Tielemans

Diaby  McGinn

Watkins

4 - 5 - 1

(Assuming Bailey and Zaniolo are only fit enough for the bench)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

A draw doesn't really change anything other than to rule-out the goal-difference element, which is very unlikely after they stuttered past Burnley.

We have to put everything into this.

We can do it if VP is rocking.

A draw do change the following:

1. Spurs need to win both remaining matches, a draw and a win + overcome goal difference would no longer be enough.
  2. We would still be at +20 goal difference, meaning Spurs still needs to improve their goal difference with 8 goals.
  3. If Spurs beat ManC, an other draw against Crystal Palace could be enough to keep 4th, depending on goal difference.

But since ManC would trash Spurs, you are right our results wouldn’t change anything.

• Like 1

Basically a cup final for us. Win and we win the champions league ticket which takes the club into new territory for next season. Liverpool can’t win the league now so nothing to play for really for them although they won’t see it like that . I’m just hoping we want it more. 

• Like 2

A win under the lights would be a picture perfect ending for our season, wouldn’t it? The climax is feeling slightly dampened by how shattered both the players and the fans are. I’d love a win to let everyone finish on a real high.

Liverpool will be solid but wasteful. Let’s go 1-0 (Watkins 79’)

• Like 2

On 11/05/2024 at 05:54, Podster said:

A point dont wrap the season up though does it,  We are 7 clear of Spurs, a point only makes us 8 clear, if they win their last 3 they finish 1 point ahead of us. we need spurs to drop points, or we need 2 draws, not 1. 

A point wraps it up Spurs are getting nothing from the city game.

53 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

A point wraps it up Spurs are getting nothing from the city game.

I admire your confidence but you never know..