• Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Cash (Rogers 26)
    • Durán (Diaby 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He played quite a few minutes for us before going out on loan. An awful lot more than Tim who can't get on the pitch and now we are seeing Chambers coming on as DM instead. Nobody is saying Donk is brilliant, far from it, but he's far more accustomed to coming on in the DM role in our team than the other two.  

Donk played 114 minutes in the prem this season, Tim has played 130. Getting rid of Donk was the right move and has had little impact on us apart from financially. 

9 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

No one is saying it hasn't been. It's more we are ending the season not with a bang but rather a whimper which is a bit of an anticlimax really even if we end up finishing 4th.

We have no players left. 2 of our attacking subs today were full backs

What should he do, clone players

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have no players left. 2 of our attacking subs today were full backs

What should he do, clone players

Fine we have limited options and we're tired etc etc etc but we still had a front three with 35 goals between them and a midfield with 15 goals between them and could only muster one shot on goal the entire game. 

I don't deny we need Tielemans, Martinez, Zaniolo back to boost the options but even so the whole performance today was well, well below what we should be capable of. 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Donk played 114 minutes in the prem this season, Tim has played 130. Getting rid of Donk was the right move and has had little impact on us apart from financially. 

I actually thought Donk had more minutes than that tbh. However, If Tim can't get on the pitch in front of Chambers then was it really the right move?

Personally I don't think any of them will be here next season as they're not good enough but with the way injuries have panned I'd rather have the bodies/options in the squad than not considering the injuries we are now having. I doubt Napoli are paying all his wages anyway, so we are probably paying him to sit on their bench. It's a bit late now anyway but I still think in hindsight it was a silly decision to let him go if Tim couldn't step up when needed.

We are 4th, 7 points clear with 2/3 for Spurs to play. There is absolutely no manager in the league who would have done this with the players at his disposal. 

Will we finish 4th, I think so. If we don't I'd look at the Injuries and the no of games weve played as opposed the manager. 

I think we'll finish top 6 again next season with a bigger more resilient and experienced  squad.

• Like 3

It’s absolutely fine to call a shit performance shit. There are reasons and mitigating factors as to why it was a shit performance. A shit performance, however, it remains. Beyond that, we are not bottling anything, and the players haven’t suddenly stopped caring.

However, if we are gonna play CL football next year then we need some serious upgrades or we won’t last any longer than Newcastle did.

• Like 2

Told myself at the start of the season I would be as positive as possible this year, it’s getting harder but it’s definitely preferable to telling our team that wasn’t expecting to do much this year that being 4th and being in a European semi means we are bottlers etc.

most of us knew in January we were short in midfield and right back, so its no surprises what’s happening now, and is a totally reasonable excuse for what’s happening now.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Fine we have limited options and we're tired etc etc etc but we still had a front three with 35 goals between them and a midfield with 15 goals between them and could only muster one shot on goal the entire game. 

so you answered why we struggled and then moan we struggled

these are humans not computer game characters

Edited by Zatman

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I didn't advise him on anything 

OK, so I was hallucinating when I read you saying 

Unai should've cottoned on after the Chelsea game that we needed the 3 in the midfield and has persisted with ignoring this

🤪🤣😂😵

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I don't deny we need Tielemans, Martinez, Zaniolo back to boost the options but even so the whole performance today was well, well below what we should be capable of. 

Because they're absolutely shattered. All the impressive stats for our attackers on the pitch ignores all the effort and graft they've put in over the season when complaining about the Brighton game.

This team has done amazing to be where we are given all of the injuries and going deep into Europe.

The players are not machines, they are humans with a breaking point and limit on what they can do Sat, Thur, Sun on repeat.

Our high standards are not sustainable with the number of players out, the stage of squad development we're in and the sheer volume of games.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Radness said:

Told myself at the start of the season I would be as positive as possible this year, it’s getting harder but it’s definitely preferable to telling our team that wasn’t expecting to do much this year that being 4th and being in a European semi means we are bottlers etc.

most of us knew in January we were short in midfield and right back, so its no surprises what’s happening now, and is a totally reasonable excuse for what’s happening now.

This is the bit that is really annoying me since Jan. Everyone knew where the problem positions were in Jan and not only did the club not strengthen them, they weakened the midfield by letting Dendoncker go on loan. 

We had to cover at Rb by moving our best performing cb over and now only have 2 fit cms...

While he isn't a world beater Dendonker would have been invaluable the last few games

The season as a whole will still be a success for ( I.e. improvements on last year, higher euro comp) but could have been more

• Like 1

Not worried about it the slightest.

Thought we did well for what we had available.

Brighton although struggling with their own injuries were fully fresh. Makes a massive impact atthis stage of the season.

Just watched the "highlights" of the game... How on earth is the foul on Rogers not a penalty but the foul on Adingra was given?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

This many injuries do we need to look into our side of things fitness and conditioning  ?.

There’s not too much you can do to condition against an ACL injury unfortunately. Once you take those out I don’t think our injury list is unusually long given the number of games we’ve played.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

I can’t believe this but I fully agree with both Danny Murphy and Ash Williams on MOTD2. 

For me neither of the pens should be given but if you were to pick one the Villa one is more of a pen than the Brighton one. 

If the players are so tired that they play like that, might as well rotate some youth in.

Tim has shown he can attend least cope with the pace of 1st team football - give him a chance!

I wonder is Emery just not a youth manager or maybe doesn't rate our youth? Not a single youth player has been given a chance under him yet, that wasn't already around the squad before he arrived.

For a youth setup that is so highly regarded something clearly isn't working 

Â