• Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Cash (Rogers 26)
    • Durán (Diaby 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Yes, a rookie manager like Emery needs to be learning from wise advice like this. 🙃

You're the only one calling him a rookie.

I'm also sure he makes mistakes from time to time so this idea others cannot spot problems with our set up or tactics is nonsense tbh

3 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Absolutely awful. We don't deserve Champions League football with performances like that. That result will certainly give Spurs confidence, I could see them getting something out of the game against Liverpool.

So frustrating. 

Behave. Injuries and playing twice a week are killing us. We deserve champions league because we’re in 4th place it’s that simple. Spurs have played something like 15 less games than us do they deserve champions league? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

The team anre exhausted, we’ve played 50+ games this season, it’s catching up with our small injury ridden squad now despite the senior players available.

Stop being so rational, the players are on the beach 

25 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

You're the only one calling him a rookie.

I'm also sure he makes mistakes from time to time so this idea others cannot spot problems with our set up or tactics is nonsense tbh

To be fair, your comments definitely gave the impression that you think he needs to get better at learning from previous matches and you graciously advised him of the “lessons” from the Chelsea game (where we got a point from a Pochettino managed team that has got 14 points from their last 6 games and scored 21 goals in the process). 

This is a manager who I have recently seen ranked as the 8th best in Europe and who has nursed a squad largely recruited to help us survive in the premier league to fourth place and the semi finals of a European competition. 

Still, I am sure he will read and learn from your advice. 🙂

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

But we were told all season that the way we play we wouldn't be the one getting tired or injuries and that would be Newcastle or Tottenham as they play such a high intensity game.

Seems people were wrong there then.

Thats not how injuries work

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

The decision to move Philogene, Ramsey and Archer out does not seem so smart now.

All having incredible seasons for a top 4 team

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Probably didn’t account for half our bloody team out injured and no doubt a few at least playing through injuries as we have no one to replace them!

Good point who knows how many are carrying knocks and playing with injections etc.

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Good point who knows how many are carrying knocks and playing with injections etc.

Bailey for one looks in pain

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Bailey for one looks in pain

I don't think he's been 100% for a few weeks. Him and pau are definitely managing injuries.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

To be fair, your comments definitely gave the impression that you think he needs to get better at learning from previous matches and you graciously advised him of the “lessons” from the Chelsea game (where we got a point from a Pochettino managed team that has got 14 points from their last 6 games and scored 21 goals in the process). 

This is a manager who I have recently seen ranked as the 8th best in Europe and who has nursed a squad largely recruited to help us survive in the premier league to fourth place and the semi finals of a European competition. 

Still, I am sure he will read and learn from your advice. 🙂

No my comments were an observation on a last 2 and a half games, something that quite a few others have noticed too. I didn't advise him on anything either as I doubt he'll be on this message board looking for pointers from the posters so you're pretty wide of the mark.

You have however done your very best to come across like a right plum yourself. Congrats 👏  

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

It also make the decision to let Dendonker go out on loan very poor considering the lack of faith with Tim getting minutes when we need another body in the centre. Piss poor tbh.

Remind me again how many minutes Donk has played on loan. He’s clearly not good enough 

Never known a more horrendous season for injuries and to be 7 points clear of the 5th place team with a couple of games to go is a bloody miracle. Nothing more he can do just hope we have something left in the locker to get us over the line if needed. 

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Remind me again how many minutes Donk has played on loan. He’s clearly not good enough 

He played quite a few minutes for us before going out on loan. An awful lot more than Tim who can't get on the pitch and now we are seeing Chambers coming on as DM instead. Nobody is saying Donk is brilliant, far from it, but he's far more accustomed to coming on in the DM role in our team than the other two.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

And he is right....nothing else to say really. Even if lose next 3 games it has been an incredible season, best in nearly 30 years and no Villa fan can say otherwise

No one is saying it hasn't been. It's more we are ending the season not with a bang but rather a whimper which is a bit of an anticlimax really even if we end up finishing 4th.

Edited by Leeroy

Â