8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Corruption has been rife in football for decades, especially at European level. It's only if someone tries to land a big score with a bookmaker anything is done about it. If fans knew what was going on behind the scenes with officials there would be outcry. 

Indeed.. "Follow the money" is all you need to do, especially in Europe but this is becoming more & more apparent in the Premier League since VAR was introduced as people are finally starting to realise.

So we now know that the Ref for this game has previous history of corruption. Firstly, how does he then under any circumstances become a top rated guy for Uefa? That says all you need to know right there surely?!! Secondly why is someone like that given such a big game, unless there is an alterior motive? So where does the money lie in this situation? 

Olympiacos win & the whole of Greece goes nuts. Effectively it becomes a huge final with all the locals engaged and lifts the game to new heights over there if they win = Big Money spin offs.

Villa win & 9k Villa fans visit a disenchanted Greece. A bit of tourism money but thats about it.

As you say, fingers crossed there's a huge bet gone on which they don't want to pay out.

Such is the position we left ourselves in, we could play well, get a good win, and still not go through. Frustrating thing is in the first leg when we came forward we looked more than capable of scoring past them, if we'd have only controlled the game better it would have been comfortable win If there was only one goal in it I would still think we have a very good chance, but with their two goal advantage, just one more goal for them and it's probably game over.We need to hope for similar outcome to the AZ away game, two early goals and then it was comfortable for us, even though I think they had very good home record at the time

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Anyone got the refs contact details, I got something he might be interested in. 

Paddy Power referral bonus?

28 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Will this be the night Zaniolo goes down in Villa folklore?

Has he been training after the knock?

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Incredible comeback and then kicked out for fielding an ineligible player.

Ha ha, with this ref, anything can happen! 

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think Villa fans are rightly aggrieved by the referee in the first leg, some really strange decisions went against us.

The early goal was a soft one to disallow and also a blatant penalty should have been awarded for the foul on Bailey.

In this world of football, unfortunately corruption is more common than ever and we know Olympiacos are not completely clean in all of this.

Throw in the fact Villa are suffering major injuries with having five or six FIRST TEAMERS out of the current eleven so we feel it. If Villa were at least with a couple of players back in the first leg we would have won comfortably...

Now we hear the referee has previous experience as a match-fixer and again the cards are stacked in your favour.

Hear, hear!

Phew! For a while there a certain post here almost had me convinced as well that Villans were waiting for... an "envious and toxic" AEK fan's "negativity" to "poison" them in regard to the horrendous officiating in the first leg, as if you don't have eyes to see for yourselves or the perceptual ability to judge such things on your own...

Patronizing much?