Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If it was 1 goal difference I wouldn't say that but long-term 4th is the priority now

We could potentially have that wrapped up this weekend.. if we do, i'd be going all out in the second leg.

• Like 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Heroic??? 

If olsen gets his palm behind that 4th goal instead of his thumb, he saves it. A championship level keeper saves it

His body was moving the other way based on the ball's original path. It's hard to shift back the other way in real time (don't let the slow speed of the replay fool you). He did well just to get a hand to it.

Just now, 479Villan said:

Their pairing doesn't work, the McGinn-Tielemans pairing does. Tielemans-Luiz wasn't so hot either, but we did okay with it (draw at West Ham, win over Wolves at home).

The key is probably that Tielemans isn't there to provide defensive stability in midfield, and neither McGinn nor Luiz can do that job worth a shit.

I think that Tielemans is very vocal. And he can manage McGinn through a game. They seem suited.  But Luiz is just a total loss of form at a key point. 

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

yes, i watched the game...he was diving the way the ball was going and managed to get a hand on it.

we lost 4.2....it's all Olsens fault

Watch what he does for the goal again

A mixture of being out tacticated and keep one eye on the Brighton game.  Villa will turn it around in the next leg, but this idea managing the game in a certain way to conserve energy backfires too much.

Just now, Xela said:

We could potentially have that wrapped up this weekend.. if we do, i'd be going all out in the second leg.

That's true I had forgot that

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We're still only 7/2 to win the tournament after that game. Shows that we're surely in with a decent enough chance of getting through the second leg. 

Was a bad night but the Chelsea win over Spurs is massive for the club. 

Sunday is huge day. 

Same way England was 88% sure to get 5th spot in CL 

• Like 1

Oddschecker.com still has us as 2nd favourites to lift the trophy.. they haven't given up on us yet.... We score an early goal and it's all to play for....image.thumb.png.b251c224680d8e2b913d34fcddc524f4.png

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If it was 1 goal difference I wouldn't say that but long-term 4th is the priority now

You know win against Brighton on the weekend means 4th is guaranteed unless Liverpool lose or draw at home to Spurs right?

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

At what point are we going to have a serious discussion about the amount of goals we concede. This can’t go on. 

Emery didn't seem too bothered about it in his press conference.

1 minute ago, TomC said:

His body was moving the other way based on the ball's original path. It's hard to shift back the other way in real time (don't let the slow speed of the replay fool you). He did well just to get a hand to it.

Yeh you're right. He was class, sell Emi and stick him in nets next year

The worst thing is probably coming out of the ground tonight and thinking Olympiakos really aren't that good and yet they're heading into a second leg at home with a 2 goal cushion. I think we'll need a miracle in Greece if I'm honest, just don't think we'll be handle the occasion. 

Just don't understand it. They were just very direct and we couldn't handle it I guess, bizarre night. Ref shite also but when aren't they.

There’s a big difference between arsenal fans and Olympiakos fans but if we can go to Arsenal and win well we can go over there and give it a go can’t we? 

Meh

We have already won an european trophy 2 tiers above this one

Not gonna lose any sleep if we miss out on the final

• Confused 2

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Yeh you're right. He was class, sell Emi and stick him in nets next year

You missed my entire point. He's a backup. Don't expect world class from your backup.

• Like 1

Goal 3: Emi doesn’t chase the striker, instead he shuffles to the side and stands tall. Gives himself a much better chance of saving thay

Goal 4: Truly bizarre, he sees it all the way, has time to move back across and save it but weirdly connects his wrist with the ball rather than his hand.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Emery didn't seem too bothered about it in his press conference.

What's he going to do? His DM and a starting CB had their ligaments turned into shredded wheat, one in game one, the other more than halfway through the season. Going to guess that has some kind of influence upon your goal concession issues. He's not coaching Luiz to get his hands up in defense or make stupid passes.

Â