Midweek Football 22/25 April

andykeenan

Brighton really aren't the same anymore.

Only so many years in a row you can get away with selling your best players and progressing as a model.

Southampton are/were the best example of that.

• Like 2

They'll wank over Foden at half time but has he been that good? Given a free kick when he slipped and was never a free kick. The free kick took a deflection and his second was Brighton fannying about at the back.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

They'll wank over Foden at half time but has he been that good? Given a free kick when he slipped and was never a free kick. The free kick took a deflection and his second was Brighton fannying about at the back.

Did you not see that  little backheel he did in his own half? I called him out for being overrated before but then he was really good against our reserves a few weeks back.

Edited by HongKongVillan

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I never got the de zerbi hype. I don’t know what he’s done that potter didn’t before 

And people shitting themselves over playing them. Our record is great against them the last few seasons.

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

Did you not see that  little backheel he did in his own half? I called him out for being overrated before but then he was really good against our reserves a few weeks back.

And he gets shoehorned into England even though he doesn't suit conknosed style at all.

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

He's playing really well to be fair to him and he's a great player

It's the "world class" stuff that I don't buy in to, I just don't think he's that level

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I never got the de zerbi hype. I don’t know what he’s done that potter didn’t before 

Actually be an attacking threat and finished in a European spot?

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Finished sixth (although only because Brighton started that season so well under Potter). Brighton place second in the Possession League every year which is apparently great even if you're 11th in the actual table. They also qualify for the Champions League through their xg numbers regularly. Oh wait... 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

12 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Over Emerys tenure he has 30 points less than Villa. Block the central passing lanes and they are not effective. And he is one of those divs that do not bend from their philosophy whatever that is. Ask Emery what his philosophy is and i think it would be simple. To win no matter what.

Â