• Watkins
    • Rogers (Zaniolo 28)
    • Bailey (Diaby 68)
    • Durán (McGinn 80)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think that weird rule that nobody knows about matters. 

I’m fairly certain the ref was saying he wasn’t giving him a yellow after all so it’s irrelevant

I don’t think that clueless clearing in the woods knew the rules to a game of football… let alone having the authority to tell the best goalkeeper in the world that he couldn’t save another penalty…

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I bet we're gathering a fair bit of a following in Argentina. 

They'll have loved that in Buenos Aries.

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe ever… 👀 

Best Villa keeper anyway, probably Argentina too…

What a legend 🇦🇷 

Everyone under 50 here agrees.

21 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Officially the only English club left in Europe. Makes you proud ☺ 

🧐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomC said:

Agreed...I don't think that he was quite as bad as some on here are making out. Mediocre, but not awful.

Yeah, people have short memories.   We've had much worse, even fairly recently.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jayEm said:

A rewatch of the penalty shootout shows how bad the commentary was -- both commentators misunderstand the situation with Emi's yellow card (which is fair enough, the rule is obscure) but then make increasingly wild and ridiculous assumptions about what is happening (at one point insinuating that Emi is asking if he's still allowed to be on the pitch) rather than just pipe down.

The commentary was dire throughout, neither of them should earn a wage doing that job!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jayEm said:

A rewatch of the penalty shootout shows how bad the commentary was -- both commentators misunderstand the situation with Emi's yellow card (which is fair enough, the rule is obscure) but then make increasingly wild and ridiculous assumptions about what is happening (at one point insinuating that Emi is asking if he's still allowed to be on the pitch) rather than just pipe down.

The commentary was so ridiculously shit this evening that I switched the sound off after 15 minutes and was able to concentrate on the match rather than getting angry at the drivel they were coming out with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thunderball said:

I thought the female commentator was OK

In an Andy Hinchcliffe/Don Goodman show you don’t understand Emery tactics in a dreary monotone type way?  Commentary is woeful these days

• Like 1

Unbelievably snidey write up in the Guardian. Like gameship hasn;t been in the game since it was invented. Look at Grobbelaar all those years ago.  So will Martinez be out for the first leg now?

Anyway who cares, we can take everyone on. Lets be avin you.

Edited by The Fun Factory

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Unbelievably snidey write up in the Guardian. Like gameship hasn;t been in the game since it was invented. Look at Grobbelaar all those years ago.  So will Martinez be out for the first leg now?

Anyway who cares, we can take everyone on. Lets be avin you.

Haven’t seen it but… you know what? I love it, I love it when the media and “outsiders” are annoyed and frustrated by us… it just shows how well we are doing and how we are upsetting the applecart and concerning the media faves and Seditious Six and their fans…

let’s keep pissing them off and achieving all we can under King Unai and with his claret and blue army…. 

UTV 💜💙

• Like 3

Â