Weekends Football 5/7April

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Are we really calling what Maddison did a punch?

Get a grip people. I'd have sent Yates off before Maddison for being an absolute wetwipe.

Was a yellow at the very least and can guarantee on another day/game there would be action.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Who would the premier league want 4th more villa or spurs? 

Checks out

BIg Ange.

You can see the money Tottenham are generating, it advantages the Prem to have them up there.

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Referee looked straight at that Porro foul and determined it wasn't a yellow. Jesus Christ. 

It really is amazing sometimes. Straight out with a card for some of the petty fouls and ignoring quite an ugly one.

another badge check?

The refs want spurs to finish top 4 because they like everyone else have got it in for Villa!

Anthony Taylor if you look closely actually slid in behind Carlos to score the 3rd goal yesterday!

Give it a rest people.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

BIg Ange.

You can see the money Tottenham are generating, it advantages the Prem to have them up there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68713522

When you look at this as well, how do we compete with that? It's hardly a fair metric either given everything in London is more expensive, so their revenue is always going to have a % increase on the rest of the country.

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Are we really calling what Maddison did a punch?

Get a grip people. I'd have sent Yates off before Maddison for being an absolute wetwipe.

Well, turning around to put a hand in an opponent's midriff at speed is an untypical football manoeuvre. So, any Villa player doing it would be sent off by VAR.

Edited by Django_Zooms

Just now, rodders0223 said:

The refs want spurs to finish top 4 because they like everyone else have got it in for Villa!

Anthony Taylor if you look closely actually slid in behind Carlos to score the 3rd goal yesterday!

Give it a rest people.

Taylor scored it ffs missed that. Raging again now cheers.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Spurs have Newcastle away next weekend 

Every danger both teams lose, bettering their result even if they lose and we draw would be huge 

I think Spurs have a decent chance of at least four points from Newcastle and Chelsea aways tbh, four and we'd certainly need at least a draw from Liverpool at home. Six and we'd really struggle to make top 4 then even if they lost all their games v the top 3.

It's still in the balance really unless we hardly win a game in the run in. As we saw yesterday draws are as much of a killer in a tight run in as a defeat is and you feel Spurs will risk more to win some games in the run in than we probably will. And they're fresher from barely playing any cup matches this season. We'd already played more cup games than them this season by the end of September so that will be the test for them next year so you'd expect a drop off.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I think Spurs have a decent chance of at least four points from Newcastle and Chelsea aways tbh, four and we'd certainly need at least a draw from Liverpool at home. Six and we'd really struggle to make top 4 then even if they lost all their games v the top 3.

It's still in the balance really unless we hardly win a game in the run in. As we saw yesterday draws are as much of a killer in a tight run in as a defeat is and you feel Spurs will risk more to win some games in the run in than we probably will. And they're fresher from barely playing any cup matches this season. We'd already played more cup games than them this season by the end of September so that will be the test for them next year so you'd expect a drop off.

If they do then they will probably deserve 4th 

Chelsea are their bogey team so that's the one I'm pinning a "shock" result on

Maybe going to be interesting that we both have Arsenal and Chelsea but they're Derby games for them which has an added element of anything could happen 

11 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68713522

When you look at this as well, how do we compete with that? It's hardly a fair metric either given everything in London is more expensive, so their revenue is always going to have a % increase on the rest of the country.

I remember going to Spurs away one time some years ago. We beat them and i remember as we walked back to our car, hearing their fans saying how envious they were of us and how great Gareth Barry was - at the time they were in danger of going down - but of course they didn't. . How things have changed

Edited by Hev

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If they do then they will probably deserve 4th 

Chelsea are their bogey team so that's the one I'm pinning a "shock" result on

Maybe going to be interesting that we both have Arsenal and Chelsea but they're Derby games for them which has an added element of anything could happen 

Don't think they'll implode quite so badly v Chelsea this time but could just end up a draw as West Ham did as Chelsea don't lose many at Stamford Bridge for how bad they are this season.

The key is probably Newcastle this weekend. They play before us and with a win they'd be three clear with a game in hand and better GD so not a great place for us going into Arsenal away and really puts pressure on us to beat Bournemouth and Chelsea back to back at VP.

We need to make sure we don't mess up the Lille games that's for sure as they'll be a tougher opponent than Ajax were so we need to be ready for that.

• Like 1

This game would have been so different if maddison was sent off and wood had scored that sitter in the 1st half, just glad spurs have 5 hard games coming up. We have to take advantage

Edited by rbcuk

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Who would take Champions League over the Europa League cup? Or would we rather 6th and the cup?

I'd take 5th and no extra CL place + the cup

Utd catching us and getting CL would take the piss 

Â