Weekends Football 5/7April

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Who would take Champions League over the Europa League cup? Or would we rather 6th and the cup?

I'd take 5th on about 67 points and the Europa Conference over 4th on 72 points and no trophy that's for sure.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs will hopefully lose by a few at Anfield so could balance out again on that weekend.

After their performance today I wouldn’t bank on it.

I would though, bank on the redscouse playing like world beaters against us.

• Like 3

Just now, rjw63 said:

After their performance today I wouldn’t bank on it.

I would though, bank on the redscouse playing like world beaters against us.

Well at the end of last season Spurs lost at Anfield last minute while we dug in for a very good point there in the penultimate round so it's not always like that. And ultimately that was the point that got us Europe ahead of Spurs so we'll see if it plays out similar this time as not like Liverpool win their away games by big scores at pressure free points in the season so we'll make it a tight game and see what happens.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Well at the end of last season Spurs lost at Anfield last minute while we dug in for a very good point there in the penultimate round so it's not always like that. And ultimately that was the point that got us Europe ahead of Spurs so we'll see if it plays out similar this time as not like Liverpool win their away games by big scores at pressure free points in the season so we'll make it a tight game and see what happens.

Hopefully you are right 👍🏼

45 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd take 5th on about 67 points and the Europa Conference over 4th on 72 points and no trophy that's for sure.

Yes. Winning trophies is the only thing that really matters.

Edited by Django_Zooms

Sky Sports News are taking the piss ain't they. Now Spurs have gone into top 4, they are talking about it and showing the points on the screen. Never saw this when we was top 4 at all??

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sky Sports News are taking the piss ain't they. Now Spurs have gone into top 4, they are talking about it and showing the points on the screen. Never saw this when we was top 4 at all??

Jamie Redknapp said after the game that he doesn’t think United will catch Spurs in fourth so it would take a massive collapse for them not to get champions league. He never even mentioned Villa. 

I liked Keane's review of the punch too. The Forest player sometimes tackles people so he should just take his punch and not complain. Sound logic! 

Of course Redknapp said nothing as usual, you’d get as much insight out of a blow up doll, and they’d likely be the same colour!! 

Just now, Herman22 said:

Jamie Redknapp said after the game that he doesn’t think United will catch Spurs in fourth so it would take a massive collapse for them not to get champions league. He never even mentioned Villa. 

I'm really getting a bit bored of this big team bias, it is there no matter what anyone says.

I suppose we will hear all week now, how amazing big Ange is for getting Spurs top 4, an CL football. Could even still win the league ya know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Sky Sports debating whether Spurs or Man United will finish fourth should wake you up.

When it’s not us you’ll realise why we weren’t part of the conversation 

• Confused 1

What it should wake people up to is just how big those clubs have become compared to us

They talk about those 2 because they have a massive market share that we simply don't, we are a tiny percentage of who is watching, Jamie Redknapp doesn't mention villa because he's not talking to you, he's pandering to his audience 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I do want us to get Champions league football, just for the proof we have done it. But we are no way ready for CL, no way at all. We will just bomb out first round.

I dunno only the bottom 8 go out and I'm guessing some of them will be all sorts of random Bosnian teams etc

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Apparently, Fenerbahce fielded their U19 team, and the protest was because they asked for this Final to be postponed due to their upcoming midweek European tie. As you can imagine, the request was denied.

Edited by a-k

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I dunno only the bottom 8 go out and I'm guessing some of them will be all sorts of random Bosnian teams etc

Yeah I dont think we'll bomb out but at the same time we're not going to win it, I just want some good games, getting out of the league stage wouldn't bother me

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Haha. It’s honestly beyond parody in the bias. 

Honestly, just don’t watch the sport.

If you feel that strongly about it, just don’t watch. It’s the only thing the PL cares about. 

• Like 1

Â