Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

haha yeah absolutely wrecked their counter. I can understand them getting a little miffed about it.

Why it was well past the 2 minutes injury time.

Hard to like Brentford. Only one team came to play 

• Like 2

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Hopefully that's our shit half out of the way and we come out firing in the second. Need to start taking a pop or setting up 1-2s to beat their block. Crossing so far a 2/10 as well.

Edited by NorthEastVillan
  • Confused 1

I've never understood players getting upset if the ref blows for time when their team is attacking.

So, what, if time is up, its up.

How is it fair on the other team if they are having to defend when the half/game should be over? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It’s honestly infuriating that Ajer is still on the pitch. I counted at least three fouls over several minutes and two of which were either late or clumsy and certainly warranted bookings. He got nothing. 

Well he should definitely be on a yellow already.  I don't get how you can commit three cynical fouls like he has and not get booked and yet a tug on a shirt is an automatic yellow.  The impact is the same - so the punishment should be too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I shouldn't laugh, mine crashed while loading.

Yeah, I've been an egg head since 2009 or so. 

Overall a decent enough half. 

Brentford basically have their entire side camped within 30 yards of their goal, so its always going to be tough to break that down.

We kept calm, carried on trying to work openings, and eventually got rewarded

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Think he blew for as FK as soon as the ball was played due to all that wrestling before the corner.

He basically decided before the ball was kicked that there was going to be some nonsense and he was going to deal with it by penalising Carlos with a foul. 

So then just ignored that Carlos was hauled to the ground in a stonewall penalty. 

Disgusting refereeing. 

What's the point of VAR if they can't pick that out as a clear and obvious error?. 

What nonsense goes on before the corner is taken is irrelevant. 

What happens after the ball is played is the only thing to look at. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I can’t wait for Ollie to break the goal scoring record and shut up that bloated ego of our former striker on TalkCrap 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

ref mistakes

- Should have booked ajer

- should have given pen for carlos being pulled down

- should have played advantage when luiz got fouled

All one way, surprise!

3 minutes ago, andym said:

I've never understood players getting upset if the ref blows for time when their team is attacking.

So, what, if time is up, its up.

How is it fair on the other team if they are having to defend when the half/game should be over? 

Because if you're a Sky 6 club the ref will ALWAYS let them continue their attack.  Anyone else then suddenly time is time is time. 

You reckon Liverpool at 1 nil down don't get to see that attack out? 

Only the bottom three have won less games than these clowns, we need to make sure we stuff 'em second half.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, andym said:

Overall a decent enough half. 

Brentford basically have their entire side camped within 30 yards of their goal, so its always going to be tough to break that down.

We kept calm, carried on trying to work openings, and eventually got rewarded

Agree with that, we’ve looked composed and quite content to pass it around. I do think when we do step it up, we create more gaps. But it’s more us taking it easy. Only once or twice have their counters looked threatening and Diego covered it well. 

I don't understand all the comments about why did the ref blow the whistle for half time?

Since when has there been a rule that you can't blow for half time if there is an attack going on?  Never.

Well past the 2 added minutes.  I'd be furious if he DIDN'T blow for half time but rather added on time beyond what was due.

• Like 1