Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

36 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Speaks to how ridiculous their squad is that even with the absentees they'll likely be starting the likes of Foden, Rodri, Silva, Alvarez, Grealish, Dias, Gvardiol, Akanji, Kovacic...

Still though, better opportunity than it usually is at that rate.

That’s what ten plus years of cheating behind everyone else’s back will get you.

• Thanks 1

Fully support the line up. It's not what people want to see and it's admitting we are binning off this game...but without any emotional attachment...that's what we should be doing.

• Like 1

Ooof, think this might be some pretty uncomfortable viewing! Not impressed with that CB pairing! 

I can’t get my head round this one at all. We have big names out injured or suspended and Tim, Lenglet, Zaniolo, Rogers and Duran all in. Gobsmacked no Tielemans, Bailey or Pau. 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

That’s what ten plus years of cheating behind everyone else’s back will get you.

I mean, it hasn’t even really been behind anyone’s back… it’s just such obvious cheating! 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm fine with this. The games are coming thick and fast and even if we had every single player available tonight (including Kamara, Mings, Buendia etc) it'd still be incredibly tough to get anything from. I think the advantage we gain against Brentford and Lille is greater than the disadvantages we gain tonight from resting players.

• Like 3

Woah… big opportunity & challenge for Iroegbunam… and Rogers…

Tielemans, Pau, Bailey dropped/rested… Digne deserves his place ahead of Moreno rn anyway.

Come on Zaniolo & Duran… tear them apart! Moussa time…

Having seen the team, I would take a 2-0 loss right now. I am seriously worried about goal difference. That 11 would struggle against a bottom 6 side. Away to Man City?

This is going to be bad. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

I can’t get my head round this one at all. We have big names out injured or suspended and Tim, Lenglet, Zaniolo, Rogers and Duran all in. Gobsmacked no Tielemans, Bailey or Pau. 

It’s easy. We might not win even with those players playing, so their being rested for a more winnable game v Brentford.