New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

9 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

How much would it cost for the club to buy this land ? A potential spot for new stadium, parking and community facilities.

AreaB.jpg.e9dc9e466e075dbfe79b063158083c01.jpg

If they got cold feet about rebuilding one stand, I imagine the timescale on sorting that would be about 6-7 years.

Clearing that site would be a huge job of work before you even got to the foundations of a new stadium.

I still don't know why we would over complicate things to such an extent when the obvious solution is to get really clever people to find a way of acquiring properties the other side of Witton Lane ( let's face it, if you are prepared to spunk a billion on a new stadium you can definitely offer good prices for all those properties) and build a new Witton Lane behind the current stand.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

If they got cold feet about rebuilding one stand, I imagine the timescale on sorting that would be about 6-7 years.

Clearing that site would be a huge job of work before you even got to the foundations of a new stadium.

I still don't know why we would over complicate things to such an extent when the obvious solution is to get really clever people to find a way of acquiring properties the other side of Witton Lane ( let's face it, if you are prepared to spunk a billion on a new stadium you can definitely offer good prices for all those properties) and build a new Witton Lane behind the current stand.

I don't disagree. I don't think the club will build a new stadium, it is more than likely re-development of the NS & DE stands post 2028. Over the next 10-20 years, expanding the club's land will be key to further growth. It is a positive that the club has already built the Brookvale academy and seems to be slowly encroaching on that area. Surely with any capacity increase - you will have to imagine that the club will also be thinking of constructing more physical infrastructure - dedicated women's stadium, Villa Live/ larger Fan Park/ Parking.

It becomes less about a new stadium but more about a campus/resort in the longer term. Atairos haven't joined us to stand still....👀

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

There is that park area in front of the houses too.

there is always a couple who would refuse to sell as well 

22 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’d rather go into the city centre inside the ring road, I hate where we are and it solves all the transport issues 

image.jpeg.776f6b077ad9bad2a3c60a19e0adf060.jpeg

If it is a new stadium in Aston, it would probably be this site as it has been/was earmarked for regeneration - about a mile closer to city centre than VP.

37 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

image.jpeg.776f6b077ad9bad2a3c60a19e0adf060.jpeg

If it is a new stadium in Aston, it would probably be this site as it has been/was earmarked for regeneration - about a mile closer to city centre than VP.

no trains

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

no trains

The site is closer to the city centre and the bigger stations (HS2 coming too). But VP/Brookvale/Tame industrial area is a better location to trains stations near our ground. I think the council may prefer the ground being closer to Birmingham City Centre though.

Edited by Villa_Vids

If you’re talking  never gunna happen locations for a fantasy stadium location then surely this area right next door to the new HS2 station which is a massive waste of prime inner city space is the logical hypothetical location. It’s ripe for redevelopment as a lot of the current buildings could be repurposed etc. It’s near two major train stations and could be a new district hub for entertainment, bars & restaurants etc.

But as I said it’s a fantasy as we aren’t moving 

IMG_9760.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If you’re talking  never gunna happen locations for a fantasy stadium location then surely this area right next door to the new HS2 station which is a massive waste of prime inner city space is the logical hypothetical location. It’s ripe for redevelopment as a lot of the current buildings could be repurposed etc. It’s near two major train stations and could be a new district hub for entertainment, bars & restaurants etc.

IMG_9760.jpeg

I don't see us moving away from Aston.

Edited by Villa_Vids

9 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I don't see us moving away from Aston.

Any fantasy move would need to be near a major transport hub with the ability to regenerate the area for the clubs benefit so to make a multi use arena commercially viable. Walking distance from two major stations, trams, bus station and city centre. Better than an industrial estate in Aston. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, thabucks said:

IMG_9760.jpeg

That is much more like it

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Any fantasy move would need to be near a major transport hub with the ability to regenerate the area for the clubs benefit so to make a multi use arena commercially viable. Walking distance from two major stations, trams, bus station and city centre. Better than an industrial estate in Aston. 

I have said before the area between corporation streep and moor street queensway just fits the ground in there and then you take some of the area to the west a bit for associated buildings. That is the fantasy location, it is even next to Aston Uni

56 minutes ago, thabucks said:

IMG_9760.jpeg

I think the BBC would be a bit annoyed by that

25 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I think the BBC would be a bit annoyed by that

**** the BBC - they won’t be around in a decade or so 🤞🏻 plus they aren’t taking up the whole area … 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Blues getting a 60k state of the art stadium. Even our local rivals are stepping into the future whilst Villa fans are clinging on to the past and the end of triggers broomstick.

Time to build that stadium

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Blues getting a 60k state of the art stadium. Even our local rivals are stepping into the future whilst Villa fans are clinging on to the past and the end of triggers broomstick.

Time to build that stadium

I'm not against a new stadium but we really shouldn't take what's happening down the road very seriously. Right now all Blues have are two things: a plot of derelict land and a hilariously unrealistic idea. It's Xia's bizarre theme park on steroids and is a collection of massive red flags, I'd be shocked if they ever laid a single brick and it would be daft for Villa to react based on their pipe dream.

Edited by wishywashy

Best I heard yet from a six toed sister fiddler. Heck and NSWE got wind of Small Heath’s mega stadium and regeneration, realising they’d been beaten to the punch so cancelled our expansion!

They reckon Atarios are pulling out of buying into us because of it and want into Small Heath instead. What do you reckon?

Not convinced myself as he also says he has it on good knowledge from a family member of Bellingham that he will be back at Blues in four years!!!!!!😂😂

• Haha 4

If we won't pay to build a single stand, why do people think we will build a whole new stadium and associated costs of land prep?

Villa have one plan. Wring every penny than can out of the existing 42k or so fan base, and shoehorn as much corporate into the space as they can at the detriment to the lower value paying fans.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Man Utd always thought they’d be the biggest club in Manchester and Citeh would always be the poor siblings … We shouldn’t be too arrogant and ignore their potential IMO just because historically we’re the bigger of the two clubs. That said also not fussed what they do as I’m only interested in AVFC and NSWE plans for us. 

We need to forget the heritage of Villa Park and do what’s best for the long term benefit of the club from a business POV and if that’s moving then so be it. Been going since 89 and those memories can never be taken away but times change and we must accept that and new memories will be forged. 

I intimated a similar parallel the other day.

City were seen as no threat whatsoever.

Man U thought they would get by on sheer reputation, size, history and fanbase etc.

Resting on laurels basically.

Obviously this is a slightly different situation but something to keep in mind.

Luckily .. I don't think our owners are ignorant/arrogant to this all.

It's not the owners and board I'm worried about hampering our progress, it's the mentality and tunnel vision of a segment of the base I fear may actually play a part in holding us back.

Club could potentially have great plans but if they could potentially cause gross uproar they may be apprehensive to press ahead.

Which is basically eating your own tail.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Club could potentially have great plans but if they could potentially cause gross uproar they may be apprehensive to press ahead.

Like what out of interest? 

• Like 1