New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Well we’ll just have to disagree, Roker Park was a lot better than the Stadium of Light for atmosphere imo….the Roker roar was impressive.

Don’t think it’s a fair comparison - all stadiums were probably louder back then due to standing and nature of fans . It’s evolved since then - Villa park back in the early 90’s when I first started going was more atmospheric that it is now IMO.

Until it’s open who knows what Everton’s new stadium will be like atmosphere wise even if the interior seems boring to some - the fans make or break the atmosphere not the stadium per se. A new Villa park designed so fans are as close to the pitch as possible, with steep stands could be a cauldron if the fans made it so. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don’t think it’s a fair comparison - all stadiums were probably louder back then due to standing and nature of fans . It’s evolved since then - Villa park back in the early 90’s when I first started going was more atmospheric that it is now IMO.

Until it’s open who knows what Everton’s new stadium will be like atmosphere wise even if the interior seems boring to some - the fans make or break the atmosphere not the stadium per se. A new Villa park designed so fans are as close to the pitch as possible, with steep stands could be a cauldron if the fans made it so. 

I think rather than that it’s somehow organising that when season tickets are given out that the more vocal fans are grouped together or chance to be grouped together i.e. in the new Holte End at the back is a section called ‘Terrace’ or something which is tailored to those kind of fans just like other areas is focused towards families and another to corporate type members.  

We know we are never likely to be vocal all around the stadium so let’s group the vocal together as there is more chance of chants building.  Otherwise those vocal will be more spread out around the seats even in the same stand and that hinders chants building.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think rather than that it’s somehow organising that when season tickets are given out that the more vocal fans are grouped together or chance to be grouped together i.e. in the new Holte End at the back is a section called ‘Terrace’ or something which is tailored to those kind of fans just like other areas is focused towards families and another to corporate type members.  

We know we are never likely to be vocal all around the stadium so let’s group the vocal together as there is more chance of chants building.  Otherwise those vocal will be more spread out around the seats even in the same stand and that hinders chants building.

Always though we should put all the regular away fans together at home games somehow, give them free beer...

Highbury was notorious for being a library. The new ground is barely any different. Man City had barely any fans at Maine Road, but the atmosphere was better as the ones that were there were all genuine fans and the ground wasn't massively overstuffed oversized. I think we'd be in the boat where the atmosphere stays roughly the same.

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Looks like somewhere they would hold the Quidditch world cup.

You mean a place where it just needs moments of magic? - Gerrard

• Like 1

So common consensus seems to be that Lucas Oil field is a blueprint as opposed to the norm 3 tier generic bowl stadia which many new ones tend to be. If we were to replicate the Holte one end and a single tiered stand the other then IMO we have the 4 separate stand aesthetic of Villa Park in a modern interpretation befitting our illustrious club & history. Lucas Oil seats 63’000 which is around the current considered sweet spot for capacity. 

IMG_9684.jpeg

IMG_9682.jpeg

IMG_9683.jpeg

IMG_9680.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

How difficult would it be to have real grass/hybrid grass in a design like the Lucas oil? Quite a few stadiums that are closed in like that (even with retractable roofs) have a horrible time trying to keep the pitch in order.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

How difficult would it be to have real grass/hybrid grass in a design like the Lucas oil? Quite a few stadiums that are closed in like that (even with retractable roofs) have a horrible time trying to keep the pitch in order.

If we were to go down the multi-use route than it would need to be a retractable pitch like spurs, or Real or given the space Allegiant in Vegas  

IMG_9688.webp

IMG_9686.jpeg

IMG_9685.webp

IMG_9687.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If we were to go down the multi-use route than it would need to be a retractable pitch like spurs, or Real or given the space Allegiant in Vegas  

IMG_9688.webp

IMG_9686.jpeg

IMG_9685.webp

IMG_9687.jpeg

Yeah, that's the issue. Extra space for that and the extra cost might be hard to manage.

Just came back from Vegas a couple of weeks ago, the NRL here in Australia had 2 matches of the opening round of the season at the Allegiant Stadium.

Gave me a similar feel as Wembley for atmosphere but the services, food, access were far superior. Better than anything we have in Australia or anything I have experienced abroad.

As much as I love Villa Park, we have to grow to be successful and an all purpose venue owned by Villa would have significant benefits for the club not just as a football venue but for entertainment and other sports in the midlands.

• Like 3

On 20/03/2024 at 22:29, Vive_La_Villa said:

On a serious note though we all know the area is not a Villa area. It’s not like Anfield where everyone near by is likely a Liverpool fan.  Majority in Witton and Aston support Liverpool and Man U or just have more pressing issues than football. Villa fans are just coming in and out the area to go to the ground. 

Unless we move to somewhere further north of Aston in Sutton Coldfield or Erdington (which we won't be) the exact same will be true of any new stadium.

Really don't get the fuss with that Lucas Oil stadium, ugly as hell IMO, would no sooner trade Villa Park for that than one of the identikit bowls 

Edit: and anyone who thinks BCC or WMP would allow us to move closer to the city centre is living in a fantasy world, chances are we'd be out by the NEC somewhere, which would be pretty soulless.

It's redundant anyway, we aren't moving anywhere

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Really don't get the fuss with that Lucas Oil stadium, ugly as hell IMO, would no sooner trade Villa Park for that than one of the identikit bowls 

This.

Can't believe the enthusiasm for that huuugly place. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why does this thread keep getting bumped, is there leaked info, or is it all just speculation based on the scrapping of the redevelopment plans?