• Rogers (Ramsey 29)
    • Diaby (Bailey 78)
    • Iroegbunam (Rogers 78)
    • Digne (Moreno 78)
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/24 at 23:59

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

I keep saying it, but a raggedy ride beats a smooth walk. 3 more points.

I remember reading articles predicting we'd finish on 55 points. It's March 2 and we have.... 55 points.

So they technically aren't wrong yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I am, endo is a foul, if he was onside that's still coming back 

Not a chance. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

35 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Let’s put it right into perspective. Jammy win for us but Liverpool, they always seem to find a way. Make of that what you will

The cream will usually rise to the top. Ill take the Scousers over Cheath every day of the week.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We came back out with zero intensity and were far too lax, casual and sitting back rather than controlling the play as we did in the first half - the contrast was stark. Even Ollie stated that we relaxed too much after gaining a 2 goal lead.

It’s not the first time and the only reason we have gifted Manure 6 points when we should have won both games comfortably…

it needs sorting.

We have to keep focussed and maintain the right intensity & sharpness… composure & concentration in possession for a full game, not half of it.

Too many silly fouls (even if the ref was abysmal, Watkins getting rough treatment all game and no decisions his way) in dangerous areas and continually inviting pressure on us.

We’ve been doing great but we’re far from the finished article… this is all new for this set of players but they need to learn quickly and rectify this stuff, otherwise we will be punished by better teams.

We have to improve defensively on set pieces… it’s a weakness… and was exposed once again today.

I’m not overly concerned, after all we managed to grab the win (even if we made it so difficult but it’s good to see the character of this side) but we are not perfect and there are obvious areas for improvement.

The injuries don’t help either…

We keep fighting and pushing.

UTV

I think there is somwhat some complacency, whether that be during a game like today or going into some games. When were on our game we are close to the best in the league, we're not good enough currently when we are stepping back a bit. It's something that needs to be managed. We could be worse off if we did try 100% all the time, who knows.

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We came back out with zero intensity and were far too lax, casual and sitting back rather than controlling the play as we did in the first half - the contrast was stark. Even Ollie stated that we relaxed too much after gaining a 2 goal lead.

It’s not the first time and the only reason we have gifted Manure 6 points when we should have won both games comfortably…

it needs sorting.

We have to keep focussed and maintain the right intensity & sharpness… composure & concentration in possession for a full game, not half of it.

Too many silly fouls (even if the ref was abysmal, Watkins getting rough treatment all game and no decisions his way) in dangerous areas and continually inviting pressure on us.

We’ve been doing great but we’re far from the finished article… this is all new for this set of players but they need to learn quickly and rectify this stuff, otherwise we will be punished by better teams.

We have to improve defensively on set pieces… it’s a weakness… and was exposed once again today.

I’m not overly concerned, after all we managed to grab the win (even if we made it so difficult but it’s good to see the character of this side) but we are not perfect and there are obvious areas for improvement.

The injuries don’t help either…

We keep fighting and pushing.

UTV

We’ll have to agree to disagree because I think it was more about Luton throwing everything at it and making it like a cup tie than us being poor. We played the same way both halves. The only difference was the way Luton played. Emery alluded to the same.  That’s why I think it showed so much character to still get the 3 points. 

UTV

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not a chance. 

All he did was stare at the player and successfully block him off... 

Chong doesn't do that, he tries to but he doesnt

No way is that goal tonight ever coming back for interfering with play

Like I said refs have a lot of problems, they're not good enough but banging that drum is a waste of time, that is not a dodgy goal that we've been done by, the worst decision tonight was not sending off Luiz

not every game is Aston Villa vs a ref, he was poor with mengi, that's it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

All he did was stare at the player and successfully block him off... 

Chong doesn't do that, he tries to but he doesnt

No way is that goal tonight ever coming back for interfering with play

Like I said refs have a lot of problems, they're not good enough but banging that drum is a waste of time, that is not a dodgy goal that we've been done by, the worst decision tonight was not sending off Luiz

not every game is Aston Villa vs a ref, he was poor with mengi, that's it

What was Luiz’s yellow for?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I think there is somwhat some complacency, whether that be during a game like today or going into some games. When were on our game we are close to the best in the league, we're not good enough currently when we are stepping back a bit. It's something that needs to be managed. We could be worse off if we did try 100% all the time, who knows.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree because I think it was more about Luton throwing everything at it and making it like a cup tie than us being poor. We played the same way both halves. The only difference was the way Luton played. Emery alluded to the same.  That’s why I think it showed so much character to still get the 3 points. 

UTV

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Eight seems tragically low to be our record for the last 30+ years

I whish they had stats from the Graham Taylor era - first one -, the amount of assists Cowans contributed to Platt's goals. I guarantee that would be an all time Villa record involving two players. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But that's the thing, unless it's a foul they'll never judge that as interfering

But that’s not true, or at least shouldn’t be true.   The rule says if you’re in an offside position and pressure a defender trying to play the ball, offside should be given.   He clearly impacted Moreno’s ability to get to the ball and was in an offside position, so he should be whistled for it.   It’s the same rule that should have had Rodri ruled offside a couple of years ago when he came and nicked the ball off Mings from an offside position.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What was Luiz’s yellow for?

First one was apparently kicking the ball away

2nd one could have been the trip on barkley, commentators said it was Tim but it wasn't Luiz tripped him as he skipped round him 

• Thanks 1