• Rogers (Ramsey 29)
    • Diaby (Bailey 78)
    • Iroegbunam (Rogers 78)
    • Digne (Moreno 78)
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/24 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’m confused by that question. Of course it wouldn’t because he would be onside. That’s the entire point of the rule. He cannot interfere with play coming from an offside position.

But that's the thing, unless it's a foul they'll never judge that as interfering

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If Chong was onside would that be given as a foul? I don't think it would, I just don't think that's ever coming back personally 

If you compare to like the one we had vs utd years ago that was an outright foul by Ramsey in an offside position

The League cup one wouldn’t be given as a foul either but it was still given after a review. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But that's the thing, unless it's a foul they'll never judge that as interfering

I get what you’re saying but again, by the literal definition of the rule it has to be ruled a foul. Just because it wouldn’t be a foul normally doesn’t mean it’s not a foul in this situation.

Let’s put it right into perspective. Jammy win for us but Liverpool, they always seem to find a way. Make of that what you will

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Chong was offside and interfering with play for the second goal also. Dived all game too. So glad to see the back of him and 3 points. 

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that.  EXACTLY the same as the situation in the league cup final when the dippers first goal was chalked off.  Player in an offside position impedes a defender.  Offside all day. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The "block" by the dippers midfielder in the league cup final wan't be a foul either but that was chalked off because he impeded a defender from an offside position....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that.  EXACTLY the same as the situation in the league cup final when the dippers first goal was chalked off.  Player in an offside position impedes a defender.  Offside all day. 

Explains why some Liverpool fans got mad on Twitter. 

The stream I had the commentators admitted that Chong were offside and sounded nervy that VAR would follow (Dixon kept quiet thereafter though). 

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Let’s put it right into perspective. Jammy win for us but Liverpool, they always seem to find a way. Make of that what you will

We could win ten consecutive league titles, half a dozen champions leagues on a shoestring budget and give all our prize money to Gary Lineker's charity of choice and still the bias will continue... 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Aside from literally last week 😄

That was a foul 

Tonight was not, the level of contact and the blocking is not the same 

If our man didn't run round him then fair enough but he did, that's not coming back, refs are dreadful most weeks, picking stuff like this doesn't help with some of the real bad stuff, it's just C&B specs 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe watch how they play. They’ve pushed all the top teams this season.

I watched the game. They are third bottom for a reason. It would have been criminal to have thrown that away after the first half showing. We let them back into it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Aside from literally last week 😄

I don’t think anyone claimed Endo fouled the Chelsea player. He just impeded him from an offside position and stopped him retreating into the box. 

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I watched the game. They are third bottom for a reason. It would have been criminal to have thrown that away after the first half showing. We let them back into it.

I was referring to how they play specifically. They’ve given all the top teams a tough game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Ref stunk the place out. Every decision was a lottery, a guess... The bookings awarded were all bollocks for both sides.

I thought I saw a moment where Rodger’s got booked for what didn’t even look a foul and then a minute later  McGinn hacked a player down which was a blatant yellow and a foul wasn’t given.

Was I that drunk? 

12 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I don’t think anyone claimed Endo fouled the Chelsea player. He just impeded him from an offside position and stopped him retreating into the box. 

I am, endo is a foul, if he was onside that's still coming back 

That's not what tonight was, that's never coming back, Chong doesn't do enough to stop our man playing, the intent is there no doubt but he doesn't do it

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe it’s me but I didn’t see complacency. They just got very physical and the team struggled with it. Like pretty much every team that has played at that ground this season. Are they all complacent ?

We came back out with zero intensity and were far too lax, casual and sitting back rather than controlling the play as we did in the first half - the contrast was stark. Even Ollie stated that we relaxed too much after gaining a 2 goal lead.

It’s not the first time and the only reason we have gifted Manure 6 points when we should have won both games comfortably…

it needs sorting.

We have to keep focussed and maintain the right intensity & sharpness… composure & concentration in possession for a full game, not half of it.

Too many silly fouls (even if the ref was abysmal, Watkins getting rough treatment all game and no decisions his way) in dangerous areas and continually inviting pressure on us.

We’ve been doing great but we’re far from the finished article… this is all new for this set of players but they need to learn quickly and rectify this stuff, otherwise we will be punished by better teams.

We have to improve defensively on set pieces… it’s a weakness… and was exposed once again today.

I’m not overly concerned, after all we managed to grab the win (even if we made it so difficult but it’s good to see the character of this side) but we are not perfect and there are obvious areas for improvement.

The injuries don’t help either…

We keep fighting and pushing.

UTV

Edited by Jas10