Europa Conference League Draw - Round of 16

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

We played our best 11 in both legs of the Chelsea match. The FA Cup was not expendable, we just lost unfortunately. 

True, although i'd question if the players approached that with the same energy they would have a PL game. Best players sure, but they weren't playing to the best of their ability.

Hard to tell how well they'll approach the Conference league games as we've not really been forced to try so far.

18 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

How are Leicester doing? And Everton, who got to the qualifying round but lost. 

Before you even get to the fact that that is one game with 9 more after it and 2 before it , the qualification for the qualifying round is big, but it isn't as existence defining as winning that playoff was. We could have been fined, had points deducted and lost our best player if we hadn't gone up 

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The Champions League is not as big deal as you think. It’s the Premier League’s global reach that is important and unfortunately we missed the boat when the Premier League exploded in popularity. 

Us finishing 4th this season, after the ship has long sailed, is not going to make anywhere near as much difference as you are hoping and expecting it to. 

It will make the difference, which is why Emery has already said he’s prioritizing the league on multiple occasions. Maybe he’s wrong, brave of you to disagree with him. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

When the history of Aston va

It will make the difference, which is why Emery has already said he’s prioritizing the league on multiple occasions. Maybe he’s wrong, brave of you to disagree with him. 

You watch what team he puts out. 

He played our best 11 in both legs of the Chelsea FA cup matches despite having Newcastle and Man U as the following matches in the league (both of which we lost). 

He will take the Ajax game seriously. 

Edited by LondonLax

Here’s what’s going to happen in those two weeks:

Luton Away

Ajax away 

spurs home 

Ajax home

west ham away 

Thats a brutal run and we are not at full strength. Hopefully we win every game, but we all know that we won’t. 

• Shocked 1

I can't decided if this is one of the togher draws in the round.  Ajax haven't been themselves recently.  

One bonus is the travel distance is about as short as it could have been!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

You watch what team he puts out. 

He played our best 11 in both legs of the Chelsea FA cup matches despite having Newcastle and Man U as the following matches in the league (both of which we lost). 

He will take the Ajax game seriously. 

Name your bet. I 💯 guarantee you spurs at home is the key game for him. 

14 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Luton Away

Ajax away 

spurs home 

Ajax home

west ham away 

Thats a brutal run and we are not at full strength. Hopefully we win every game, but we all know that we won’t. 

Ouch! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, calcifer said:

Southgate will be rubbing one off over that draw 

He won't bother with the home leg but he's already got his ticket to Amsterdam sorted.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Luton Away

Ajax away 

spurs home 

Ajax home

west ham away 

What's brutal about that? Luton are shite. Ajax are mediocre at best. Spurs home should be a game we would be confident to win or why even bother and West Ham are one of the worst sides in the league on current form.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Won't give away who we drew then 😜 

Haha, I'd been working with it open on my phone for **** ages.

Ajax it is. That could easy have been the final, good to go away first though, must score. 2-1 loss not a bad result, I'm assuming away goals count double if a draw right?

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Haha, I'd been working with it open on my phone for **** ages.

Ajax it is. That could easy have been the final, good to go away first though, must score. 2-1 loss not a bad result, I'm assuming away goals count double if a draw right?

No away goals anymore.