Weekends Football 16/18 Febuary

andykeenan

Just now, villaglint said:

Why do they let him commentate on their games it’s so annoying for 50% of the people watching the game. 

I don't get this either. It's not like Sky doesn't have a bunch of co-commentators to use instead of him. 

I find the results bias quite amazing in the premier league. The assumption that since United beat Villa last weekend that they played well is nonsense. Villa destroyed United and should’ve won the game comfortably. Very similar to this game. United took the limited chances they had and Villa/ Luton haven’t. 

The whole world knows that it’s a 2nd yellow for Casemiro; even Casemiro knows it. David Coote is the only one who doesn’t think so. It’s legitimately mental. 

• Like 1

Shame Luton completely gifted that first 10 minutes away, since then they've turned the game into a scrap and you can tell Man. United don't fancy it one bit, look at all the 50/50s they're losing in the middle of the pitch. Barkley is playing with the swagger he did in 2014.

I hope Luton stay up as you need these sort of teams in the league who are willing and have a go, remind me of Stoke under Pulis which was always a nightmare away trip back in the day.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

The whole world knows that it’s a 2nd yellow for Casemiro; even Casemiro knows it. David Coote is the only one who doesn’t think so. It’s legitimately mental. 

See what he does if Maguire lunges in and misses the ball and takes the man. Bottles it again and it is favouritism for sure.

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I find the results bias quite amazing in the premier league. The assumption that since United beat Villa last weekend that they played well is nonsense. Villa destroyed United and should’ve won the game comfortably. Very similar to this game. United took the limited chances they had and Villa/ Luton haven’t. 

They got comfortably outplayed by West Ham and won 3-0. Won against Wolves in the 90+7th minute. Such a strange team.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Can't wait for the ball to go in off a luton players arse for united's third and the commentators to go into meltdown on how amazing they are.

Nah everyone knows the 3rd is a dodgy penalty. You not read the script?

Edited by villan95

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't worry shaw you'll still make the euros squad 

He's a good player. Kind of feel though with his build his fitness will completely fall off once he hits his early 30s so that will be a problem for Man. United if he's on a long term deal.

England also have chronic options at LB.

8 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Man Utd less shots, less possession, less passes completed. So flukey.

They're the sort of team that don't need much dominance to score, get most of their goals out of quick transitions or "moments." Or complete flukes like the second goal.

That can get you in contention for top 4 but a long way off a title challenge given the standard of the top 3 teams who can win 25 + games a season in so many different ways.

As for today they probably should just put McTominay on as his sort of game and he'll probably chip in with a goal at some point.

• Like 1

Â