Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was thinking today, Buendia could possibly be allowed to go on loan even.

To leave room for someone like Baena?

Then again, who would actually take him fresh off an ACL? Depends on how he looks preseason as well I guess.

I would like to see Buendia play under Emery's system for a while.  I'm not completely sure about him but I do think of those players we have left who are most likely to "do a Bailey" then Buendia and hopefully Diaby would be near the top of that list.  The issue Buendia will have is that Rogers looks like a real baller to me and I have pretty high hopes that he makes a lot of progress next season - probably playing a more attacking role than he has been asked to play at times this season - and if Jacob can get rid of his foot injury and return to form, he's difficult to knock out the team (unless we HAVE to sell him to avoid the club going bankrupt as the media would like people to believe).  But Buendia gives us a different option to either of the Rs and is probably more suited to certain types of matches / opposition.

I thought last season was going to be a big season for Buendia in terms of make or break.  Unfortunately something broke and so that question remains outstanding.  Weirdly last summer I think I'd have been OK with him leaving if we got a decent offer whereas this season I'm much more in the "I want to see what he can do for us" camp.  Obviously much depends on how he's covered from the ACL injury and then staying fit as he puts his body back through the stress of professional sport twice a week.  But the training updates have seemed positive so I have everything crossed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why loan out Buendia if we got Baena? Zaniolo goes back from loan to his club who was cover for Buendia.  We need more depth in our squad, we aren’t going to let Buendia go anywhere.  I think Buendi, if he comes back from his ACL ok, will be used a lot by Emery.

Agreed.  But it does have to be said that a bench with Ramsey, Buendia, Tielemans and Diaby (assuming Rogers, Ollie, Bailey and McGinn are our "front four") is already looking pretty impressive.  I think we'll add another because the key is going to be to have that level of strength in as many matches as possible allowing for a "normal" number of injuries / suspension / rest & rotation.  I'd also like Duran to still be in that list - although it's gone slightly weird given that I thought he was beginning to look a bit more settled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

He plays as a left sided CB in a back 3, he's not a Moreno type LB.  If we played him at LB it would be like the left sided version of Konsa.

I think he's a bit better as a LB than Konsa has been as a RB - at least defensively wise.  I don't think he'll let as many crosses come in from that side of the pitch as Konsa has from his (although I want to give Konsa some benefit of the doubt because he's been shuffling between RB and CB all season and is another who has probably just played too much football this season).

37 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Memphis Depay on a free, who says no?

I'd be tempted, especially if we were to sell Duran. 

Champions League experience, no transfer fee, can score a goal out of nothing against low block teams which is something we struggle to do. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Though, that said, I haven't exactly followed his career and have no idea on his personality but something has to be a bit off for Atleti to not extend his contract.

I think he'll end up back in France anyway. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, allani said:

Agreed.  But it does have to be said that a bench with Ramsey, Buendia, Tielemans and Diaby (assuming Rogers, Ollie, Bailey and McGinn are our "front four") is already looking pretty impressive.  I think we'll add another because the key is going to be to have that level of strength in as many matches as possible allowing for a "normal" number of injuries / suspension / rest & rotation.  I'd also like Duran to still be in that list - although it's gone slightly weird given that I thought he was beginning to look a bit more settled.

That's a strong group of attacking players. If Diaby and Duran (or his replacement) can take it to the next level our opponents will have nightmares.

Edited by nepal_villan

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

That's an strong group of attacking players. If Diaby and Duran (or his replacement) can take it to the next level our opponents will have nightmares.

I think almost the opposite.  I think a lot of teams / fans will look at the line-up and go "hmm there's no real world beaters there" and then get torn a new one when we turn up and turn it on like we can.  It's like a ninja front line.  On first sight easy to dismiss but then before you know it you're lying on your back with a tanto sticking in your chest and everything is turning black.....

Edited by allani
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, paul514 said:

Me, I have been following him since he was in France.

It's been meh since he went to Forrest, he would do better here though. I wouldn't sign him over Wieffer though

His first touch isn't good enough, he'd get targeted by the high press and get murdered.

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

His woek rate is phenomenal ans he ran the show at VP. 

Id definitely take him and cundy reckons he will be sold. But i cant see us signing him and barkley. Its one or the other.

Chelsea will want about 50-60m

Id personally sell them duran if it means we can get gallagher 

In 3 seasons, Durab will be worth twice that.

13 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’d be tempted to cash in on Duran and go and get Konate from Salzburg. Looks a real prospect.

Why would you sell a potentially great player we already have in Durán who’s shown he can handle the prem for an unknown quantity from Salzburg? I mean I get the whole Red Bull thing but for every Haaland there is a Daka 

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why would you sell a potentially great player we already have in Durán who’s shown he can handle the prem for an unknown quantity from Salzburg? I mean I get the whole Red Bull thing but for every Haaland there is a Daka 

Don’t get me wrong I like Duran, he’s talented, if a little raw, I probably should have put, seeing as he allegedly wants out, cash in on him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

His first touch isn't good enough, he'd get targeted by the high press and get murdered.

Murdered is a bit far, he is adequate technically, he isn’t gifted like Kamara like that but he is more physical and a better ball winner.

anyway he was my pick 2 managers ago where we were a different team. I still like him but, they aren’t going to sell him cut price and if they aren’t then we may as well buy Weiffer 

3 hours ago, burchy said:

My Spanish is rubbish, just thought he was hinting. Perhaps clutching at straws but if we are in for him and that’s our level of players we’re looking at, happy days

Some people don’t even have Spanish to be rubbish at 😂

Â