Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Seems madness to pose the idea of selling two of our best players in Ramsey and Luiz, which would also greatly improve a PL rival.

It's more prudent to sell someone like Digne or Carlos, and the likes of Olsen, Dendoncker, Chambers, Archer, Coutinho.

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Seems madness to pose the idea of selling two of our best players in Ramsey and Luiz, which would also greatly improve a PL rival.

It's more prudent to sell someone like Digne or Carlos, and the likes of Olsen, Dendoncker, Chambers, Archer, Coutinho.

It’s because of FFP.  Selling Ramsey for even £50m means we’d have an FFP profit of £250m. Whereas we’d need to sell Digne for about £12m just to break even.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

It's worth saying that we may still have interest in a large number of these players just that it didn't work out. 

Bingo

I know for a fact we spoke to at least two of those names in red.

1 hour ago, beasley14 said:

Concerning his defensive stats are the worst lol.

As they always say if you make a tackle you did something wrong. Same as Carlos for blocks, interception and tackles anyway he just doesn't clear it. 

Also barca have had a very good defensuev record with him. 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't think Ndidi would be a good signing. Doesn't have the technical ability to sit in our midfield. If he does, he's hidden it well the last few years.

He will also keep our physio busy.

image.png.30cdff5264519ff237b7dcd6cd4842b0.png

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

It’s because of FFP.  Selling Ramsey for even £50m means we’d have an FFP profit of £250m. Whereas we’d need to sell Digne for about £12m just to break even.

Let's just sell 20 youngsters for 5 million then... We'll have half a billion to spend!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sell luiz? Thata madness. He dropped off 2nd half of season no doubt but the 1st half he was onw of the best cm in the league.

We have to put it down to fatigue. He played a hell of a lot of games. A rest in summers gonna help massively 

Agree with the sentiment and you have to add the loss of kamara meant he had to change roles too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Agree with the sentiment and you have to add the loss of kamara meant he had to change roles too.

Great point nigel and i think this also is a major reason for that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

I understand it's because of FFP...

Just positing the notion that it seems foolish to sell two of our best players; there are surely alternatives.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I understand it's because of FFP...

Just positing the notion that it seems foolish to sell two of our best players; there are surely alternatives.

I’m sure we’d much rather be selling our worse players for £50m a pop, but…

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I’m sure we’d much rather be selling our worse players for £50m a pop, but…

Best way to say it, is its a choice.

i found a way for us to spend what I consider to be a good amount on the basis of getting rid of what I consider to be fringe players but if the club want to spank money on players like the Barca centre back that requires a big sale

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Best way to say it, is its a choice.

i found a way for us to spend what I consider to be a good amount on the basis of getting rid of what I consider to be fringe players but if the club want to spank money on players like the Barca centre back that requires a big sale

You can only find a way if others are willing to purchase our players and, naturally, those that we'd rather get rid of a] won't be wanted as readily and b] will cost very little, if anything.

The chances are we'd free up wages more than anything... and then need to re-fill that gap with new players.

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You can only find a way if others are willing to purchase our players and, naturally, those that we'd rather get rid of a] won't be wanted as readily and b] will cost very little, if anything.

The chances are we'd free up wages more than anything... and then need to re-fill that gap with new players.

I went through the finances of it and it really wasn’t hard to achieve 

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I went through the finances of it and it really wasn’t hard to achieve 

No mate, you gave a theory on the internet that has no place in reality - sorry.

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

Blimey how does £50m magically turn into £250m. I assume you are not an accountant 

• Haha 1

Â