Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Covers Digne's wages

AMIRITE?!

:) 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I would include Buendia in the squad also......

So for me, a new LB, RB, DM and AM.

dont get hung up on the first team/sub part.

image.png.cd27475afb27d84ee0e7ec70f7f79d1e.png

4 players on a smallish budget seems a stretch..let's see who the scouts can find

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

4 players on a smallish budget seems a stretch..let's see who the scouts can find

yeah for sure, but if we can offload all of our deadwood.....

I guess we might need one big sale, who knows.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Whoever agrees with this simply lacks ambition

Lacking ambition? I'll give you that. Mbappe would be incredible playing on the left.

Evidencing awareness? Also a given. We can't strengthen all positions and that position is not a priority. 

RicRic, your eyeseyes are bigger than your tummytummy.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Secondly Mings returning helps

Lets not put the cart before the horse here, it is in no way certain that Tyrone and Emi will return as the player's they both were before the ACL's

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Lets not put the cart before the horse here, it is in no way certain that Tyrone and Emi will return as the player's they both were before the ACL's

The % chance is extremely high these days though.

"Athletes who sustained an injury of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) have high expectations (88%) after subsequent ACL reconstruction (ACLR) to return to pre-injury level of sports"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9339063/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Had a nose at Balde, Torres and Kounde 

Not that impressed Barca also pay mad wages too.

Balde is a great shout, Fermin Lopez looks good this season - Eric Garcia would be a good pick up also. Cheeky swop deal Moreno / Digne plus €£$ for Balde sounds like a good deal for us - maybe not them 😆… 

27 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

The % chance is extremely high these days though.

"Athletes who sustained an injury of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) have high expectations (88%) after subsequent ACL reconstruction (ACLR) to return to pre-injury level of sports"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9339063/

It's his second ACL and I would gather his age and physique may also have a significant impact on whether of not he can return to the same level. 

He'll 100% return but as to whether he'll play at the same level I think that's very much unknown at this point. It's probably the main factor in why we are already linked to a replacement CB. I think those thinking he's going to jump straight back in and be challenging or playing with Torres are slightly jumping the gun.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

It's his second ACL and I would gather his age and physique may also have a significant impact on whether of not he can return to the same level. 

He'll 100% return but as to whether he'll play at the same level I think that's very much unknown at this point. It's probably the main factor in why we are already linked to a replacement CB. I think those thinking he's going to jump straight back in and be challenging or playing with Torres are slightly jumping the gun.

He's one I’d rather be wrong about supporting a return than doubt him and send him off. 

A cash swop that assists both clubs for Durán & Gallagher with Zirkzee coming in to Replace Durán is the sort of manoeuvring I’d expect from Monchi…  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 479Villan said:

He's one I’d rather be wrong about supporting a return than doubt him and send him off. 

Send him off where? Nobody is doubting him but I think being realistic about the injury, time out and whether he can return to pre injury levels is a valid concern. We won't be sending him anywhere anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Mings like literally came back from an ACL in his other knee. 

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Does talking tactics know anything?

He's pretty legitimate. He isn't a transfers/speculation account so whenever he occasionally mentions something in that realm it more often than not proves to be true.

Â