Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

So if we really have to sell a key player to comply with PSR/FFP

who would the be the sacrifice? 

JJ, Doug, Boubs, Ollie, Emi?!?! 

we maybe able to do in combination of Matty Cash, Duran, Carlos, Digne and Buyback youngsters. But that a lot of deals to do in a short time 

After this season that JJ has missed most of, Duran would be worth almost if not as much right now and you can put him in the first list.

That said, Cash, Carlos and Digne are next among the sellable but valuable assets we have. I imagine we'd entertain offers for any of them, if not actively try to move some of them on.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because he hasn't. The club wouldnt play him if he did

He hasn’t like a load of Chelsea tweets since January? Will think you find he has.

Edited by HeyAnty

36 minutes ago, Awol said:

*sneaks into transfer thread*

Joao Felix? 

*runs away*

spacer.png

no chance mate, got his dream move and regularly playing. On massive wages. Happy now 😆

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

He hasn’t like a load of Chelsea tweets since January? Will think you find he has.

So

Players like other team/player tweets all the time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has anyone mentioned us surely needing to sell a key player and it definitely being Jacob Ramsey for 50 mill yet?

spacer.png

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

no chance mate, got his dream move and regularly playing. On massive wages. Happy now 😆

Oh no sir, that’s not the case. Loan expires on 30th June and he’s back to Madrid, where the fans will boil him in oil. He’s got to be sold, and they won’t get the price they want for him (unless they want a lot less than they paid). 

Just now, Awol said:

Oh no sir, that’s not the case. Loan expires on 30th June and he’s back to Madrid, where the fans will boil him in oil. He’s got to be sold, and they won’t get the price they want for him (unless they want a lot less than they paid). 

To be fair, he took a massive pay cut I understand to join Barca. If that genuinely has been his dream, then fair play to him. He’s ticked it off his list and now he can find a new club.

Do I want him? No idea. I remember him being very good for Chelsea against us a couple of seasons back. 

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

How has he done over the season?

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

To be fair, he took a massive pay cut I understand to join Barca. If that genuinely has been his dream, then fair play to him. He’s ticked it off his list and now he can find a new club.

Do I want him? No idea. I remember him being very good for Chelsea against us a couple of seasons back. 

He’s mostly played off the bench, 7 goals 3 assists in the league, 3 goals 1 assist in CL. 

If we are in the market for a proper LW he might be more affordable than Nico Williams, or available on another loan (to buy?) 

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

spacer.png

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/may/17/The-Presser--Emery-speaks-ahead-of-Crystal-Palace/

“I wanted to be competitive with teams that are contenders more than us to be in the top ten. Always, to get there, we have to be very competitive. Even if we don’t have the budget like other teams, we have to be intelligent and clinical in our decisions.

If we are doing it maybe we can take more budget for improving. This is still my objective with the club. If we are playing next year in Champions League and qualifying again it’s because we want to keep it.

Unai saying what we all already know--increase in revenue means increase in transfer budgets.

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

I'm not sure Luiz will leave, not this summer anyway unless he's forced out.  He was celebrating as much as Emery was on the touchline when we equalised against Liverpool, he loves it here, and will want to play with us in CL for first time.

Exactly why would he leave when hes been an ever present part of the team starting a new journey 🤝

Â