Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, CroVillan said:

I gather you’re joking. 

Why would I be joking, hes proven,  back from injury with a goal , knows the club and is 26 years old. Not sure why it would be a joke, enlighten me? 

Williams would be first eleven signing, whereas Summerville would be a back-up player, we've actually got two better left sided players than him already Morgan Rogers and Jacob Ramsey, if we wanted a more traditiional winger type for that side of the pitch as a squad option, then I think the player that would make the most sense is actually Philogene, we've really messed up with if we don't have a buyback, especially when we sold him for just £5m, even if we didn't want him for our team could have brough him and sold him for a profit

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Emery gets players back to their best and improves them. That's what he does

He does it all. Wouldn't be surprised if he did it with Soler.

But he didn't do it with Duran or Moreno or Diaby or Tielemans or Torres or Rogers. May want fresher players.

I suppose we are now entering that time of the year where any one of our star players has only got to look sad or smile with their mouth but not their eyes, or their comments are misquoted on social media etc etc, and then we all go into panic mode and assume they want out of Villa and play for their dream club.........😊

5 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I suppose we are now entering that time of the year where any one of our star players has only got to look sad or smile with their mouth but not their eyes, or their comments are misquoted on social media etc etc, and then we all go into panic mode and assume they want out of Villa and play for their dream club.........😊

I mean liking only Chelsea related content on social media is a lot more than what you suggest 😂

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He does it all. Wouldn't be surprised if he did it with Soler.

But he didn't do it with Duran or Moreno or Diaby or Tielemans or Torres or Rogers. May want fresher players.

I may have misunderstood by are you saying Tielemans didnt show improvement under Emery?

When he was signed on free contract, every Leicester fan re-affirmed he was absolutely cooked, he didn't run on the pitch he walked. And the first few months of him being here certainly didn't refute that, but his progress past 2 months has been incredible, he's pretty much best he's ever been. And even Belgian fans were completely surprised by him during the England match, said Tielemans never played like this before for national team, by far his best ever appearance 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tinker said:

Why would I be joking, hes proven,  back from injury with a goal , knows the club and is 26 years old. Not sure why it would be a joke, enlighten me? 

Because he’s **** useless!!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Signing Baena spell the end for Ramsey?

He’s most often played at LW this season, then LM, but also as CM, AM, and RW!  Don’t think signing him would be curtains for JJ. 

37 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Because he’s **** useless!!

No he's not , decent stats and a good player, do you remember when he played for us.......? 

Screenshot_20240516_225058_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Ugarte on a loan to buy would be the ideal situation. We were heavily linked with him last summer as well.

Only just 23, would be a fantastic midfield option.

Yep, he won’t be going for cheap so don’t think we could afford to buy him and all the other work that needs doing this summer. Brilliant long term competition for Kamara, or might even play well with him. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

No he's not , decent stats and a good player, do you remember when he played for us.......? 

Screenshot_20240516_225058_Chrome.jpg

Come on Tinks you know it’s more than about stats. 
how many years ago did he play for us? Yes I do remember and I also remember how many sitters he missed. He’s not the player we need as in a poacher with a work rate half of what Ollie’s is and he’s just come back from an ACL injury.

OK just caught up with the Duran thread, threw out a Tammy suggestion and come here to see that's another minefield 😅

He's not a runner and misses a fair few chances but he's available, has experience (league/team), is cheapish (£25-30m),  and we were linked with him last summer before the injury. He'd also offer us a focal point with all the attackers behind him. But i'm clearly in the minority on this one but lets not call him useless as his goals helped get us into the Prem

• Like 2

Â