Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, MrBlack said:

What logic?

Contractually, he will be entering the last 2 years of his contract at the start of the next season, so if a deal is to be made, it will be this summer unless he re-signs before the end of this season.

He's at peak value after an amazing season.

He has already had multiple links to several different clubs and there are some clubs that will definitely be a fit for them, money-FPP, not withstanding. Madrid, in particular, with the potential exits of Kroos and Modric, are high potential. The prem clubs will have a harder time meeting the sell price but you never know.

This is the most debatable part - there is a market to purchase his replacement where there is very little market to replace Watkins, Martinez, or Pau. 

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Contractually, he will be entering the last 2 years of his contract at the start of the next season, so if a deal is to be made, it will be this summer unless he re-signs before the end of this season.

He's at peak value after an amazing season.

He has already had multiple links to several different clubs and there are some clubs that will definitely be a fit for them, money-FPP, not withstanding. Madrid, in particular, with the potential exits of Kroos and Modric, are high potential. The prem clubs will have a harder time meeting the sell price but you never know.

This is the most debatable part - there is a market to purchase his replacement where there is very little market to replace Watkins, Martinez, or Pau. 

I assume you're only ignoring Kamara because he's injured? If so then point taken. 

Ultimately there's no logic to sell any of them if we don't need to, which I'm sure we all agree on.  So assuming we qualify for the champions league, as seems to be about 80% likely,  let's focus on who we need to buy, given how much wiggle room selling our non key players would bring. 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I assume you're only ignoring Kamara because he's injured? If so then point taken. 

Ultimately there's no logic to sell any of them if we don't need to, which I'm sure we all agree on.  So assuming we qualify for the champions league, as seems to be about 80% likely,  let's focus on who we need to buy, given how much wiggle room selling our non key players would bring. 

Yes - Kamara is injured and his contract runs a year longer than Dougie. If he had continued his trajectory, there is a case for selling him this summer or next but with his injury and unlikely return until mid-season next year, I don't think he will be moved any time soon.

I don't think we should want to sell any of them, but if we had to sell someone - Luiz is the most logical choice.

Edited by DJBOB

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

FFP has gotten into the heads of plenty here , everyone is trying to sell our best players Kamara , Luiz , Ramsey ect….

Yea that’s from my post on page 21 bringing reality to our situation 

• Haha 1

We aren't selling any of our star players because of FFP, Emery has said this when stating Ramsey isn't for sale and that he's an important part of our plans, we're also going to be signing important players in the summer, January was for project signings, the summer will be for the big dogs, also stated by Emery, such was the conviction of his answer that it made me wonder that some of the summer moves are already underway.

Of course that doesn't mean to say us losing one of our better players isn't a possibility, but if it does happen it won't be because we had to sell them, it will be because some very succesful team has come in for them and the player asks to leave in order to join that club, which is a danger when you have lots of good players regarldess of the FFP situation, there is a FFP situation, and we have to sell before buying, but that's not the same as having to sell one of our star players, we have other ways of raking in the bread

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I still think that Luiz will be put to market this summer. Will be very sad to see - but all the logic points to him if we have to sell.

No it doesn't. The logic would point to Ramsey being the one we would sell.

44 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just out of interest, who do we think could replace Luiz? I assume we’ll have a big fat pile of cash but interested to know who we could bring in 

England stalwart and treble winning sensation, the Yorkshire Pirlo, Kalvin Phillips.

• Haha 3

Just now, villa89 said:

No it doesn't. The logic would point to Ramsey being the one we would sell.

No it doesn't.  The logic points to us selling players whose value to the team is less than the cash value they would bring in by selling them offset by t he cost of bringing in a replacement.  Bringing in a "home grown" player who will start the majority of our matches and perform at CL level will not be cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just out of interest, who do we think could replace Luiz? I assume we’ll have a big fat pile of cash but interested to know who we could bring in 

Very difficult because of what he brings, I’d try Tielemans in his role first.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Diaz wont be joining us

Why? Have I missed why if we were interested, had got CL place, why he wouldn’t be interested in us?

Playing devils advocate here, IF we decided to sell Dougie to Real Madrid, could we be cheeky and get Guler in as McGinns ultimate successor?

Â