Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Who are we selling Luiz to for £100m??

A team already ahead of us while we gamble on a wonderkid from a different country hoping that his ceiling is even higher?

One in the hand is worth two in the bush

There's no actual proof of this though, we've said we have to sell, every club in the league has to sell, it doesn't mean we have to sell our best players, we have to sell the deadwood and unfortunately because of these stupid rules some more of the kids 

I imagine Luiz will go. Possibly Arsenal. 

Or Ramsey.

15 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Arsenal definitely made multiple formal bids for Luiz previously. 

Definitely like all the times bids were definitely made for players and club sources say no bid has been made

50 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think Arsenal can't afford him and the whole chatter before is made up bollocks

They did bid so I think they have the money. Why wouldn't they? They have lots more than we do based on income alone.

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Pretty much every single reputable outlet reported that arsenal made at least three bids for Luiz but yeah they’re all just making it up  🥴

We made bids for JWP who'd signed a 5 year deal 6 months earlier and a Southampton source said no approach had been made to the club

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They did bid so I think they have the money. Why wouldn't they? They have lots more than we do based on income alone.

They have lots of revenue but recently bought Rice and Havertz for £170m. I'd imagine they're one of the alleged 80% of PL teams that were worried about P&S. I think City and Spurs are 2 that aren't so that leaves 2 more which could be Arsenal

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I imagine Luiz will go. Possibly Arsenal. 

Or Ramsey.

I dont 

Arsenal don't need a £80m+ CM they need a striker 

And even then even with FFP looming I simply dont see out transfer policy this summer being sell a crown jewel to a rival PL team and rebuild from there, that's madness 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We made bids for JWP who'd signed a 5 year deal 6 months earlier and a Southampton source said no approach had been made to the club

And what exactly does that have to do with arsenal’s confirmed bids for Luiz? 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No it's not! 

The 1 you already have is worth more than the 2 you could have

I thought the winky face would be enough to convey the joke in preferring one in the bush to two in the hand but ah well :)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dont 

Arsenal don't need a £80m+ CM they need a striker 

And even then even with FFP looming I simply dont see out transfer policy this summer being sell a crown jewel to a rival PL team and rebuild from there, that's madness 

I’m relaxed about the FFP tbh. We just need to ensure we can finish as high as possible. I don’t think Heck would call for harsher punishments they if they were worried. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Arsenal definitely made multiple formal bids for Luiz previously. 

Yes, I heard that too. It was when he had yet to extend his contract, so they thought they could get him on the cheap back then and tried to unsettle the player by letting their interest in him be known. Probably seriously under valued him or hoped they could add a few thousand and throw ESR in as part of any deal. If they bid again it's most likely to be less, than would stop the club telling them what to do with their bid and that suits me fine. 

If we need to make sales this summer to comply with whatever bullshit financial rules we're struggling with, how much do people think McGinn would fetch?

Fully expecting people to not want him to be sold but when you consider he's 30 this year so he's approaching an age where we won't get a higher sale figure than we probably will if we sold him this summer.

His stats are good but he doesn't score/assist in high numbers. Plus we paid peanuts for him so if we got £40-£50 million for him that would do wonders for ffp.

Not saying I want him gone, just wondered about other people's thoughts? 

Linked again to left footed CB Mario Hermoso from Atletico Madrid. Out of contract in the summer. And yes he has played the odd game at LB at senior level and a bunch more at youth level. Probably similar at LB as Konsa is to RB if that makes sense.

12 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

If we need to make sales this summer to comply with whatever bullshit financial rules we're struggling with, how much do people think McGinn would fetch?

Fully expecting people to not want him to be sold but when you consider he's 30 this year so he's approaching an age where we won't get a higher sale figure than we probably will if we sold him this summer.

His stats are good but he doesn't score/assist in high numbers. Plus we paid peanuts for him so if we got £40-£50 million for him that would do wonders for ffp.

Not saying I want him gone, just wondered about other people's thoughts? 

Financially speaking McGinn would be a very sensible sale. We do need to move players on before they’re past their best, but this one would be particularly sad - improving along with us as a club from the Championship to a top 4 standard player, like Mings.

• Like 2

Â