Weekends Football 26/28 January

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The actual rule is if someone handles and then scores it must always be ruled out.

So Luiz goal was never going to be given last night.

If Guimaraes scores himself same there but ultimately it was a different player who shot.

It almost seems they are making it as difficult as possible. You’d almost feel sorry for the refs.

So you can handball it, as long as you don’t score but you can handball it and pass it to someone else who can score. That makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

It almost seems they are making it as difficult as possible. You’d almost feel sorry for the refs.

So you can handball it, as long as you don’t score but you can handball it and pass it to someone else who can score. That makes sense. 

I can kind of see why those rules are in place. Unintentional handling isn't handball but, as all the governing bodies of football decided, nobody likes to see a goal scored by the player who has handled - unintentionally or otherwise.

Handball rules are a joke and that’s on the FA, not refs. It’s a crap situation where vague rules get massive amounts of interpretation. It shouldn’t count but they found a way to do so because it’s Newcastle. 

9 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Yeah pretty much...😂

I remember a few years back Duncan Watmore was basically playing volleyball but he passed to someone else who scored and the goal was just given for Boro.

It is a strange interpretation as handball in any move that leads to a goal should be ruled out.

It’s not accidental when Bruno is adjusting his body that way either. The advantage is clear. The ball doesn't fall to Longstaff if Bruno doesn't pivot his body and arm. He wasn't stationary when the ball hit his hand. 

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I believe the Richard Scudamore has been asked to explain the difference between a small team and a big team following his comments in front of a government enquiry.

He should just send them a clip of that.

Masters.

Scudamore left a while ago when they wanted clubs to have a whipround for a goodbye present 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah pretty much...😂

I remember a few years back Duncan Watmore was basically playing volleyball but he passed to someone else who scored and the goal was just given for Boro.

It is a strange interpretation as handball in any move that leads to a goal should be ruled out.

Watmore a blast from the past. I remember people were convinced he was more talented than Grealish because he ran about like a headless chicken

Cameroon put Onana on the bench and the replacement keeper comes on and goes Onana on crack letting in a comical goal with him flapping all over the place. Saved by VAR and an offside in the end.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Weird game this - Fulham have been the better side throughout, they just don't seem to score goals.

I think we need to learn from this. Fulham keep crossing the ball and Newcastle are comfortably dealing with it.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Lookign forward to this. Lets see how good Wolves really are under O'neil.

They have faced a lot tougher opponents this season than West Brom

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

spacer.png

'His arm was in a natural position when it hit him'

looks natural to me. Held it towards his chest, can't really remove it from the sequence of play much more. I thought it was a fair call based on common sense judgement. Whether it adheres to the awkward handball rules of 2024 or not, I have no clue whatsoever anymore with the inconsistency of the refs.

Â