Weekends Football 18/20 January

andykeenan

Jota stepping up very nicely in Salah's absence.

Thought Liverpool might start falling away but I agree with the comms, they have a clinical efficiency about them as this was a very tricky fixture and Bournemouth have played very well for spells today.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's not as good as he used to be, but he was world class. 

How good did he used to be if he was world class today? Intergalactic class? 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Some very questionable decisions in the Madrid game now.

Having been two up, Almeria concede a penalty for handball (after VAR review) despite two attackers clattering into the defender deemed to handle the ball.

Almeria then score a third goal, but VAR interject again for a ‘foul’ way way down the pitch and its disallowed.

Madrid then equalise, but Vinicius Jr handles the ball - again VAR involved but the goal stands… 

we thought our lot were corrupt/incompetent but the Spanish are the real deal for dodginess 

insane 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

No. I think Emi is. Genuinely. 

Every time I doubt him he pulls off the kind of double save at Everton that wins us points. 

I think he is number one. His recent accolades back it up. 

I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

I'm sure this was talked about before Xmas 

I think they're different keepers, I'd say emi is better with his hands and coming for crosses etc whereas Allison is better with his feet and sweeping 

Id say Allison is slightly better right now but I agree that I wouldn't swap them, for where we are right now and what we're trying to do emis character is huge for us

I'm not joking about Allison's dad's death either, I'm sure it was a shocking one out of nowhere like drowned in the family pool or something, seems to me like a mixture of niggly injuries and that means he lost form and dropped out of even the top 10 keepers in the world, part of this push for him to be recognised as the world's best (bar the obvious he plays for Liverpool) is that he's bounced back from the dip in form and is now playing so well

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Clinical 

XG can get to ****. 

Expected tackles, saves, offsides, VAR decisions? Nowhere to be seen. 

XG totally ignores tactics. See Villa at Chelsea twice for example. Where we let them take pit shots knowing they wouldn't score.

Â