Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Saw the little video on the official insta page. He was guessing some of the players by the badges of the previous clubs they'd played for. He got them all right, which I thought was very impressive. How many players know where their new teammates used to play? Robinho didn't even realise he was signing for Citeh when his agent revealed it wasn't Manure (supposedly) 🤣 I just thought it was quite an impressive thing to know. Not sure I'd be able to do that for another club.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

Saw the little video on the official insta page. He was guessing some of the players by the badges of the previous clubs they'd played for. He got them all right, which I thought was very impressive. How many players know where their new teammates used to play? Robinho didn't even realise he was signing for Citeh when his agent revealed it wasn't Manure (supposedly) 🤣 I just thought it was quite an impressive thing to know. Not sure I'd be able to do that for another club.

I think Benteke thought we were in London 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Very very interesting..

He has been signed as a number 8..Like a Ruben Loftus Cheek type of player..

To be fair Unai has always liked his 6’2 plus CM players like Capoue & Nzonzi..

Maybe he is trying to replicate something similar?

2 minds think like....but I don't think he has been signed as a CM.....but He can give us some physicality up front....still learning his trade, but the early signs for me, look encouraging....I like the raw material, I see.

I don't know that much about the lad, but from what little bits I have seen, he doesn't like losing the ball in challenges......that will be novel.

3 hours ago, useless said:

When Emery says an 'eight', he means the position Jacon Ramsey plays, as he's essentially an eight playing wide, Ramsey isn't a winger, the sense that Bailey and Diaby are when they play wide, he's a wide mifielder.

Also his exact words after declaring that Rogers could play as an eight or ten, were 'he can even play as a striker I believe', which doesn't really suggest he was bought with playing upfront particularly in mind, more just an option, if the need arises.

I think Unai thinks right now, there are too many lightweights around Ollie, and he is struggling......Ollie is not exactly a heavy weight himself, so the front line, can look a bit toothless, at times.

I think Rogers will add a bit of athleticism, to the team, that is lacking right now......where he plays, I am not sure.....but being effective is key.....I feel he will make his mark, and our other players, will come alive, as a result of him.

Sometimes, its not just the player himself, its what inspiration they bring to the team......I think we have needed something like this.

• Like 2

He hasn't been signed as a centre-forward, Emery isn't Steve Bruce and going to play him upfront just because he's tall.

It's not a mystery he's played most of his career on the left hand side, and has played as a No.10 this season and done well, those are the two positions he's been brought in to play

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

He hasn't been signed as a centre-forward, Emery isn't Steve Bruce and going to play him upfront just because he's tall.

It's not a mystery he's played most of his career on the left hand side, and has played as a No.10 this season and done well, those are the two positions he's been brought in to play

you don't have to play up front,  just because you are tall , but it can be a useful weapon to have, particularly, with high balls and goals change games.....some tall players have been known to exploit the art of goal scoring, to their advantage, using their height.

To play in any position, you have to have attributes, that are brought to the team, to create effectiveness......its a pre-requisite.....players that bring nothing, are passengers, you have to bring something. That may seem irritatingly obvious to some, but I have seen it happen, where its easy to question, what exactly are they offering.

I am still trying to work out, why Diaby was shadowed by Dan Burn.....so its not such a bizarre question to ask.

We will have to see where, he plans to play him.

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

For Emery to point out 'he's from Birmingham' is significant I feel. Points to the scouting technique, that it's weighted with his talent.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

For Emery to point out 'he's from Birmingham' is significant I feel. Points to the scouting technique, that it's weighted with his talent.

I also think that with it being a January transfer, they will have seen this as a significant plus, as it should take him less time to settle... 

Curious to know how many ex Sandwell youth players we've brought in since Harrison became youth development manager.... Irogbunam, Azaz, Rogers...I'm sure there's a couple more too...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

I also think that with it being a January transfer, they will have seen this as a significant plus, as it should take him less time to settle... 

Curious to know how many ex Sandwell youth players we've brought in since Harrison became youth development manager.... Irogbunam, Azaz, Rogers...I'm sure there's a couple more too...

Barry Rowe Sousa Afoka Richards Jimoh Lynch to name a few

Was just about to ask was he available for today then read a few posts.

I'm excited to see him play in the 10 role behind Watkins which is where Villa have missed Buendia.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

great to see him get a cameo.

had a really good chance to score tbh, pity he didnt take it.

Yeah but the thing I loved is he got into the perfect position, saw the defenders going deep so he held back slightly for the slight pull back.  Could see the position he needed to be in…the rest will come.

• Like 4

Â