Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Was this rival fans on twitter by any chance?

Probably, truth is no one, outside the club, really knows our true financial position.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

5.5yr contract, interesting, is that the longest contract we have ever given out?

i dont remember a 5.5yr contract in recent memory?

Emiliano got one. Nobody else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Sky are sneaky as hell, they add a few million on all our deals and then show an inflated net spend over the longer period, to paint a picture that suits their big six audience 

It seems there is no end to their “bellendery”.

I hope that people give him time. Playing for Unai seems to be a little like playing for Guardiola...it takes some players a while to learn the system and adjust.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

So we ‘haggled’ for weeks only to end up at the end of the window paying what they asked for from the beginning  😂

Hope he comes good for us 🙂

Our previous offer was supposedly £7.5m up front and £7.5m in add-ons.  So a £10m / £5m split is hardly suddenly caving in and paying whatever Boro asked for.  The £15m total was finalised several days ago - most of the haggling has always been about how much is payable up front.

Fingers crossed we can all look back in 2 years and proclaim this to be a superb bit of business.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So is it £8m up front or £10m? Dunno how/why different reports state such different figures (a whole 2m difference there😆)… saw similar with Pau and Diaby in the summer… different and wildly varying figures being reported…

Do any of these journos actually know or is it more guesswork?

🤷‍♂️

I’ve seen three different numbers. It’s crazy.

10mil + 5mil

8mil + 7mil

Something that adds up to Skys 16 mil

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’ve seen three different numbers. It’s crazy.

10mil + 5mil

8mil + 7mil

Something that adds up to Skys 16 mil

I’m going with 8… just cos I like it better 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Our previous offer was supposedly £7.5m up front and £7.5m in add-ons.  So a £10m / £5m split is hardly suddenly caving in and paying whatever Boro asked for.  The £15m total was finalised several days ago - most of the haggling has always been about how much is payable up front.

Fingers crossed we can all look back in 2 years and proclaim this to be a superb bit of business.

If it was actually £8m up front rather than £10m then we've negotiated pretty well.  Boro turn down £7.5m/£7.5m and we counter with £8m/7m and they accept.

If it is £8m up front for a 5 year contract then from an FFP perspective £1.6m a year sounds pretty good.  If £5m of the add-ons is due if / when he plays say 40 matches - I assume that the additional £5m "fee" is then spread over however much longer the original contract had in place - so let's say he does 40 appearances between now and the end of the next season then I assume that would add £1.2m per year extra for the 4 years remaining? 

Welcome Morgan! For whatever combination of a possible £15m it is, it has potential to turn out money well spent. If he can get some time in the first team this season and get out up to speed then his value will increase automatically. 

Â