Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

23 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

There was one game that he almost netted, but I can't recall which one. Like @Rolta said I think he hit the woodworks in one of his games.

Either way, it's impressive to end his career on -1 goals for us as a striker after 22 games.

My brain just said, 'It was Stoke!' (we all have so much useless Villa knowledge) and I checked and I think this is the game:

• Thanks 1

From what I've seen of him which is very little, I feel like he would be a good understudy to Watkins. He appears to be more of a natural Watkins replacement based on how he plays than Duran is. 

But as I said, i've seen him play very little. 

Didn't he sign for Boro for £1m a few months back, we need to get in a bit quicker with these YTS rejects... 

8 minutes ago, Dale said:

Didn't he sign for Boro for £1m a few months back, we need to get in a bit quicker with these YTS rejects... 

After he was deemed not good enough by Man City. Turns out he isn't too bad after all. 

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

City paid WBA £4m for him btw, Boro got him for £1m?

It's not just £1m, there'll be a sell on fee at least, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were other fees for for appearances, goals, achievements etc. Nearly every deal done comes with these add-ons and also payments in installments.

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

It's not just £1m, there'll be a sell on fee at least, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were other fees for for appearances, goals, achievements etc. Nearly every deal done comes with these add-ons and also payments in installments.

Sure, I was just looking at transfer history. We know that City will be getting a percentage of the fee and we’ll have to negotiate add ons. Have also seen that he went on a free to Boro? £1m signing fee then? 🤷‍♂️

I guess, since City paid £4m for him back then, a fee below £10m now considering time and development wouldn’t seem too bad…

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

After he was deemed not good enough by Man City. Turns out he isn't too bad after all. 

Like Douglas Luiz, then. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Like Douglas Luiz, then. 

Not quite. They wanted to keep him but had to sell him as he couldn't sign a new contract with them. He didn't meet work permit requirements. But with us signing him for a fee and him being a relatively higher earner in our squad meant we could get a work permit for him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

With who? Opposing opinions here 😆

Both. It's such a strange deal! Can't think of one anything like this ever.

Edit: Three (!) facts:

• Boro signed him six months ago for under £5m
  • He has not been in outstanding form for them since
  • We have literally just sold them a player

Can't get my head round Azaz not being worked into any deal.

Will the whole thing work out? Possible.

Do we have Unai Emery and that makes success much more likely? Yes.

Hopefully it comes off because it definitely looks like we want him.

Edited by Tomaszk

Â