Kosta Nedeljković

Delphinho123

I think he's coming into the squad to challenge for the RB position from the get go. Not a chance he would've signed for us with other clubs sniffing about if we had intentions of sending him out on loan. It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever when your already playing in the CL and an international at such a young age. 

• Like 3

I think we'll have a complete overhaul at full back this summer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us replace Cash with a first choice right back and either loan out Kesler-Hayden or let him go permanently. I expect Kosta will replace Kesler-Hayden as our back up option, with Konsa capable of stepping over if he's not ready. Then we have Triston Rowe as our other excellent long term prospect in the U21s.

At left back I can see us having another attempt to replace Digne. Moreno will probably stay and we'll hope for a stronger season without injury disruption. Chrisene Revan Sousa will all go out on loan again, maybe Munroe too, with Travis Patterson emerging as a really promising attacking left back in the U21 side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, East London Villa said:

I think we'll have a complete overhaul at full back this summer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us replace Cash with a first choice right back and either loan out Kesler-Hayden or let him go permanently. I expect Kosta will replace Kesler-Hayden as our back up option, with Konsa capable of stepping over if he's not ready. Then we have Triston Rowe as our other excellent long term prospect in the U21s.

At left back I can see us having another attempt to replace Digne. Moreno will probably stay and we'll hope for a stronger season without injury disruption. Chrisene Revan Sousa will all go out on loan again, maybe Munroe too, with Travis Patterson emerging as a really promising attacking left back in the U21 side.

That's the thing, we need to reduce our wage bill somewhat and if we are to sign some more established stars (who command £100k+ wages) then we need to offset that by utilising the cheaper youth players to fill some of our backup spots where possible/capable

e.g.  Digne has been great for us but is on £125-150k a week so if any of the above allow us to have a backup to Moreno on for 10-25% of his cost, then we should be all over that.

11 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

That's the thing, we need to reduce our wage bill somewhat and if we are to sign some more established stars (who command £100k+ wages) then we need to offset that by utilising the cheaper youth players to fill some of our backup spots where possible/capable

e.g.  Digne has been great for us but is on £125-150k a week so if any of the above allow us to have a backup to Moreno on for 10-25% of his cost, then we should be all over that.

Absolutely on the right hand side with Nedeljkovic because he's shown he's physically and technically capable of high level first team football, ready to take his share of responsibility on the ball. He might even make the Euros this summer with Serbia despite being injured for the past 3 months. From here it's about tactical development (which I'm sure will take a tonne of work in training). None of our young left backs look remotely ready for a similar role. They are too tentative and on the fringes of the game at Championship level, not yet nailing down a starting spot. Chrisene is closest but he's still probably 12 months away from it being a possibility.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think he's coming into the squad to challenge for the RB position from the get go. Not a chance he would've signed for us with other clubs sniffing about if we had intentions of sending him out on loan. It would make absolutely no sense whatsoever when your already playing in the CL and an international at such a young age. 

Yes like Duran, he's coming to compete for first team minutes

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Agreed. He wasn’t in the plans this season, but we aren’t spending £8m to keep him on loan. We wanted him to get experience. 

16 hours ago, Alakagom said:

He hasn't played professional match since January, he's definitely out 

Out of what? The image a few posts above yours showed him making his return yesterday. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Out of what? The image a few posts above yours showed him making his return yesterday. 

He's clearly not making the national team after being out of so long and not being match fit. He was not a starter for Serbia even before the injury regardless. 

Red Star playing at the minute and he’s not in the squad despite coming on as a sub in their last game. Hope he’s not had an injury setback. Don’t think he’ll be making the Euros at this rate. Was looking forward to seeing him.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Red Star playing at the minute and he’s not in the squad despite coming on as a sub in their last game. Hope he’s not had an injury setback. Don’t think he’ll be making the Euros at this rate. Was looking forward to seeing him.

Hope so as well.

Hips is bad bad business.

Â