Match Thread: FAC3: Middlebrough v Villa

Just now, andym said:

Cash is a moron

Just talked to by the ref and 10 secs later he's flying into a ridiculous challenge

He really is the weak link in this defence, if not side. he'll ll be gone in the summer, subs bench rest of the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

TO be fair we've hit the post, should have had a pen and the keeper has saved a couple.  

BBC currently have us as 60% possession and 10 shots, 5 on target v 4 shots, 1 on target. 

We do just need to score. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've said it before. Only 1 of our midfield needs to be out for the magic to collapse. I'm worried that he's not left McGinn on in those changes to be honest. 

Sad but true… we need to strengthen…

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The age-old FA Cup debate, is an early round draw worse than a loss. I'd probably say yes.

Of course not. It's just frustrating.

2 minutes ago, clayton8321 said:

Also had Ramsey ignore him in the first half with a shot that looked like a cross from the left and Duran 4 feet from him wide open. Duran looked frustrated coming out but I think it was more like seeing players that could've helped him more, coming on, while he went off. 

Yep that one as well! Ramsey could have picked him out yet hit a hit and hope cutback.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Well no, Duran is in a different ballpark to Hogan, quite clearly.

Is he? On what basis? 

Just now, est1874 said:

Of course not. It's just frustrating.

I don't know, with the Conference League, I think the last thing we need is another game

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Man city didn't win a game without rodri

Some would argue the absence of De Bruyne is a bigger factor and loss…

Anyway, what have City got to do with us?

Just concerned about how we can do and fare better… and how we can sustain our progress and momentum for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

The miss hit, the stupid one from outside the box at a ridiculous angle. 3 shots wow we whoop de do!

Two of them were proper efforts that required good stops. 

not sure you’ve noticed but we’ve provided him with absolutely nothing all game either. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Is he? On what basis? 

Using my eyes. Emery said Duran could become one of the best strikers in the world. Would he have said that about a young Scott Hogan?

• Like 1