New YearsFootball 1/2 January

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

On reflection a energy draining good try but ultimately a kick in the bollocks is great for us RE Newcastle. Hope Sunderland kick ten bells out of them in the derby as well

Yep. Now have Sunderland away , Man City at home and then at Villa Park.  Happy New Year Newcastle 

13 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Taylor was the ref for our game vs Sheff Utd, wasn't he? 🤔

Forgot that 🤬

Hope he's got an opticians appointment soon then because he clearly hasn't got a **** clue what he's looking at.

Just now, villan95 said:

Forgot that 🤬

Hope he's got an opticians appointment soon then because he clearly hasn't got a **** clue what he's looking at.

Wasn’t he recently demoted, had a mare in the Championship and now he’s back again??!

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sky earlier. "Arsenal are still well in the title race with Spurs, Arsenal only 2 points off the top still". Reeeeeeeally!

They'd probably put Chelsea in the race before us

• Haha 1

Have to admit it makes me slightly sick to my stomach to know we've inadvertently conspired to guarantee Liverpool sit clear at the top going into the new year.

Their fans are among the worst out there. Imagine if they win the league.

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

That is never in a million years a pen. Zero contact. But, it's Anfield, so given

There was contact (but wasn’t a foul).

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Have to admit it makes me slightly sick to my stomach to know we've inadvertently conspired to guarantee Liverpool sit clear at the top going into the new year.

Their fans are among the worst out there. Imagine if they win the league.

You need to start accepting it's a real possibility. They've lost one game in the league all season, for which they had 9 men. They basically never lose at home. 

Something remarkable about watching this. This game involved Klopp, Howe, Carragher, Neville, the city of Liverpool and the city of Newcastle…

…and yet the most infuriating thing about this game was Peter Drury. I don’t think there is anything my irritating in football right now than his commentary. Could almost hear his pre-prepared paper of Shakespearean shite that he’d written down trembling in his hand with his cock in the other every time Salah had a shot to complete his hat-trick. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I disagree, thought there was zero contact

There was definitely contact. But neither here nor there - terrible call. But couldn’t be overturned. Because of reasons and such. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

You need to start accepting it's a real possibility. They've lost one game in the league all season, for which they had 9 men. They basically never lose at home. 

Neither do we, are we gonna win it?

There's still along way to go, but talking about Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, an even us in the title race, like Man City aren't even in the mix, is great. You go and watch them win it over all of us, will be sickening, knowing why they are winning everything.

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We were getting talked about in the media as title contenders for a short while there but the matches against Sheffield and Man U seems to have knocked that on the head. 

It's the same old 'ahhh little villa got up there and got a nosebleed' effect. They're right of course which is the bloody annoying thing. We should have bashed Sheffield at a canter and even a point at man U after 2-0 would have been tolerable. We can't afford any more cock ups but we are still right there.

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Neither do we, are we gonna win it?

There's still along way to go, but talking about Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, an even us in the title race, like Man City aren't even in the mix, is great. You go and watch them win it over all of us, will be sickening, knowing why they are winning everything.

No, I don't think we will, for reasons I've discussed in On Topic (basically, we concede too many goals which gives us too many self-inflicted hurdles to overcome, especially away from home). 

Like you, I tend to think that City will win the league, but I think it's a mistake to consider Liverpool in the same way as us, Arsenal or Spurs, because they have much greater squad depth, a manager who's done in before, and a relentlessness about them that I don't think the other three teams have, or can maintain for multiple games at a time. 

Â