Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Fanatics deal was restrictive in terms of where you could buy kits - they are very much a retailer that pushes online retail and having the kit available in lots of shops would undermine that.

I'm hoping adidas (small a) are happy to hugely improve on that distribution and availability and that Villa kits will be visible in a lot more places.

Are Fanatics still going to be doing our online retailing?

Also, can we petition adidas to do a church roof style thermometer thing that measures how far we are along to selling 300,000 kits please?

I think availability alone will make a big difference.

Trust that some casuals actually just buy certain kits because they like them, or have heard of the team/player, not even necessarily just fans of the club.

Class design, our strip being unique ( And being Adidas )and available will be huge. For one, Adidas is in a tonne of top tier 3rd party chains as well.

I know fans even in this part of the world ( Middle East ) would but some.

Would make a break from all the generic club shirts everybody and their mothers are wearing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Trust that some casuals actually just buy certain kits because they like them, or have heard of the team/player, not even necessarily just fans of the club.

The amount of young British people I see walking around in Juve, Barca, R.Madrid and PSG kits is oddly high. I’d love the idea of French, Italian, Spanish kids walking around in Villa kits, because it’s that cool club in champions league 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sne said:

Signing a player with great stats on the EA/FIFA game would probably help with shirt sales if we wan't reach the gamer crowd who don't care all that much about clubs but follow players instead. 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The amount of young British people I see walking around in Juve, Barca, R.Madrid and PSG kits is oddly high. I’d love the idea of French, Italian, Spanish kids walking around in Villa kits, because it’s that cool club in champions league 

Deep, deep sigh. Football really is over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

Fond memories of getting kit in that shop in town as a kid. Getting it back is probably not something the club is looking to do but I feel it’s good for visibility and just the feel of the city to have local clubs’ shops

Yeah, used to be get the bus into Brum to Harry Parkes shop, long gone now.

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I've actually always liked the PSG kits myself, but I'm loathe to wear/buy kits outside of Villa or Jamaica kits... I'd feel a bit dirty 😂.

Guilty of sporting an Argentina one every now and then but passable as we have Dibu and Mini Emi.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've actually always liked the PSG kits myself, but I'm loathe to wear/buy kits outside of Villa or Jamaica kits... I'd feel a bit dirty 😂.

Guilty of sporting an Argentina one every now and then but passable as we have Dibu and Mini Emi.

I bought the Ajax Bob Marley tribute shirt, to resell, but it sold millions and isn’t worth much, so I just wear it, particularly at gigs and festivals 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I bought the Ajax Bob Marley tribute shirt, to resell, but it sold millions and isn’t worth much, so I just wear it, particularly at gigs and festivals 

That's one I actually wanted as well in fairness!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Deep, deep sigh. Football really is over. 

Wait til I tell you about the kid I saw in Ludlow yesterday wearing an Al Nassr shirt. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Have they? Unless its only in brum i havent seen it one.

It may well be only in Brum but they have been selling both home and away shirts, plus some of the retro shirts. 

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Wait til I tell you about the kid I saw in Ludlow yesterday wearing an Al Nassr shirt. 

Spotted one in Cotteridge as well

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sne said:

Signing a player with great stats on the EA/FIFA game would probably help with shirt sales if we wan't reach the gamer crowd who don't care all that much about clubs but follow players instead. 

A popular and top quality foreign player from an “untapped” country or market too… in the same way Spurs have and benefit from Son.

Mitoma? Kang-in?

Or a high profile player or name too but 💰

One more rodeo Leo? 😂 🏆 

Edited by Jas10

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my problem with the 300k kit sales is that it will depend on adidas not giving us a kit that looks like shit....

The look makes no difference, it is brand awareness and how successful and exciting Villa is now seen  (or not) to be in the wider world of sports entertainment.

I don't work in the industry but the fanatics deal never seemed to make sense, we never had control of the product or club shop.

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A popular and top quality foreign player from an “untapped” country or market too… in the same way Spurs have and benefit from Son.

Mitoma? Kang-in?

Or a high profile player or name too but 💰

One more rodeo Leo? 😂 🏆 

You don't think Ross Barkley is enough? Maybe he's huge in Thailand or something

I’ve seen strong links for Palace to bring in Kamada, who’s worked with Glasner previously at Frankfurt, I’d like us to take a look at him or a player of similar ilk to raise our profile abroad.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I didn't realise football had made it to Ludlow

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

I didn't realise football had made it to Ludlow

Quite the opposite, it's where all the footballers from the 1950's live now.

I'm representin' the Villa Massiv on the other side of Clee Hill. 

Edited by HKP90

Â